new school vs. old school

87geeinn

Buick and AMG pilot
Pulled up to a light and two rows over I see a black Regal GS with black rims and dark tint creep up to let me know he wanted to play. We got up to the next light and he got me out of the hole for about 30 feet due to the low end supercharged power...then I hit second, spun the crappy 235's a bit (had to roll into it out of the hole), hooked, and then buh-bye. Eased up to him at the next light and we chatted for a second. I said something to the effect of, "How 'bout that. Two black Regals going at it. That's not something you see every day."

Those GS's aren't a slouch by any means. Still a pretty cool coincidence; two black forced-air Regals side by side. New school vs. old school. :biggrin:

Very cool race and good comparison, too. I had a similar incident happen about 1980. I had a '57 Chevrolet 2 door hardtop. I was driving about 10pm on a divided highway (2 lanes each way). I hit a red light, and lo and behold, another '57 2 door hardtop pulls up beside me. There was nobody else in sight. First of all, I couldn't believe it. Even then, it was pretty rare to see one. The light turned and it was on. Both cars were 4 speeds. I had a 350 that was stock. We went through the gears side by side. It was the closest race I have ever been in. I was grinning ear-to-ear. I had my wife with me, so I didn't get to talk to the guy afterwards. What fun!

Thats Pritty Sweet I would love to get one of those cars , Big time sleeper :biggrin: I just wish the trans was not so lame :(

This is a Regal GS:

Attachments

• 00buickregalgs2642.jpg
    00buickregalgs2642.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 417
yeah better watch out my wife has one, 3inch downpipe,slp exhaust/intake, 3.0 pully and a tune. It ran a 13.5 a cecil co spinning the h e double L out of the tires at 105 no joke for some cheep bolt ons.

Attachments

• 99 regal front (Small).jpg
    99 regal front (Small).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 321
My dad has a 98 regal GS in sante fe pearl (like metalic blood red) with the black grill and stock brushed wheels, just a 3.4" pulley, cold air intake, MSD plug wires. But that thing has snuck up on so many mustangs and "fast" ricers (you know high 15's). It ran a 14.8 on a crappy track that was uphill, spun all the way through 1st and most of the way through 2nd