You can type here any text you want

new stage 2 build up on my GN Q76 tubo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quint

Hey guys, Conleys Performance in Houston TX is building my stage 2 right now and we chose the Q trim 76 turbo, to go with the new 400 tranny and all the goodies What do you gys think and have any of you ran this before? I got some other responses on another site. 9's all day long and traping 140 or so. Atleast thats what Conleys and want as well and they are known to always deliver.

I tore up my block and tranny racing a GSXR 750 from a stop 2 times and my block said enough. It had a TE45 A on it, brand new, only had it on the car for 2 months, but the new heads and all the power, with a stock block couldnt handle it. Oh well, nopw to bigger and faster right. ANyways, what do you think, and thanks

that a common combo. and the times and mph are right. what heads and cam will you using?

HEads are stage heads, ported from Conleys. They flow just enough for this turbo, but no more than this turbo I beleive. Cam was a stge 1 cam, the new one I am not sure of the #'s right of f the top of me head

Are you putting the 76Q on because you already had it, or is Conleys suggesting it?

71GTQ can perform as well as the 76. There is a lot of better technology out there right now.

they suggested it. IT flowed better than the 72 that his son was using and they spoke with JOhn Craig's place to get the recomendation I think. I told htem I wanted 700+rwhp on their mustang dyno with the non lockup converter and 400 tranny. They said this would work best with the head flow right now.

Quint

What's your name? I'm in San Antonio. I know most of the Buick guys around here. Interesting that you are building a Stage 2 motor. I guess you beat me to the punch. I'm trying to get mine started very soon. I would like to see how good of a job Conley's does on your setup. Have you race your car at the track? Throw me an e-mail if you want to talk a little more. Gilbert

buickgn274@aol.com

Originally posted by Quint
Hey guys, Conleys Performance in Houston TX is building my stage 2 right now and we chose the Q trim 76 turbo, to go with the new 400 tranny and all the goodies What do you gys think and have any of you ran this before? I got some other responses on another site. 9's all day long and traping 140 or so. Atleast thats what Conleys and want as well and they are known to always deliver.

I tore up my block and tranny racing a GSXR 750 from a stop 2 times and my block said enough. It had a TE45 A on it, brand new, only had it on the car for 2 months, but the new heads and all the power, with a stock block couldnt handle it. Oh well, nopw to bigger and faster right. ANyways, what do you think, and thanks
Input is valuable but I think that since Connely's responsible for your project you should go with what he recommends. You get too many chef's involved & you ruin the stew. People like Lawrence have spent a ton of money on research & made all the mistakes. Find a person you trust & has proven themselves & stick with that.

Yes Conleys does as good a job as you can get and they flat out tell you what is needed to get there.

Back