You can type here any text you want

New Street Combo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
Posted this in the engine tech forum but guess it really goes here.

Finally putting the finishing touches on a street engine project I've had laying around the shop for a couple of years now. Guess the cold weather and bordom from waiting on my engine guru to finish my new race car motor was all the motivation I needed. It looks better in these pics before it got covered up by the engine bay. Engine is currently in the car waiting on the new PTE 6765 DBB Billet Wheel turbo that should be here this week! :biggrin:

NewEngine4.jpg
NewEngine2.jpg

NewEngine3.jpg
NewEngine1.jpg

Going in my 17k mile cream puff

PostEibach1.jpg

Buildup as follows:

Shot peened stock crank and rods, billet caps, ARP studs, ARP rod bolts,TRW forged pistons, completely balanced assy, ported high volume front cover, double roller timing set, custom grind Comp hydraulic roller, hand ported Champion aluminum heads with 5/16 chromoly pushrods and T&D 1.65 roller rockers, TA stainless headers, ported stock intake, PTE plenum, Champion billet fuel rails, 70mm TB, 75# injectors, XFI, Weldon 2015 pump, Aeromotive regulator, etc. This engine previously ran a best of 10.58 at 127 with a 218 hydraulic flat tappet and a P trim PT70 in another car. The engine was pulled for a hydraulic roller installation recently and completely disassembled and freshened from top to bottom. Turbo will be one of the new PTE Billet wheel 6765s with H-cover controlled by a Tial gate and AMS-500 blowing through a PTE stock location intercooler. The car should have 9sec capabilities but I don't intend to lean on it that hard with the virtually stock rotating assembly and steel caps. Besides that, the car is a 17k mile cream puff that has no cage and never will. Should be a beast on the street! Goal is to run EASY mid to low 10s in the 1/4 - low 6s in the 1/8th.

Looks great. I'ld like to build something similar to that someday. How about an engine bay picture. Who makes those valve covers?

Back