You can type here any text you want

New Suspension for 2009

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tony Shoaff

Installed new HR Parts adj. upper/lower control arms installed today. Tomorrow going to start on the new frt QA1 coil over shocks and TRZ A-arms. :cool: Hope to loose a few pounds and gain some traction.

Everything installed. Weighed the car before and after. Ride height went down from LF 27"3/8- 25"3/8 RF 28"1/2- 26"1/2 car was always a inch higher on the RF? Adjusted the left frt coil over to raise it up close to level.Not sure how high to raise it back up?Test and Tune time will tell, I guess? Car weighs as follows. LF 933 RF resting on DP 835 LR 751 RR 740 with some pre-load in HR bar. Not sure what the 4 corners should way on a drag car? The car also lost 42 lbs with new parts installed. Overall weight now 3250:D with me. Going to take the car tomorrow for frame certification. Hopefully it will pass:confused: One other major problem I found today is the DP rest on the upper A-arm:mad: I will have to modify the DP I guess. Any input welcome;).

is this your orange gn your working on tony? can't wait to see that car again. did you ever get your cage up to snuff for certification?

is this your orange gn your working on tony? can't wait to see that car again. did you ever get your cage up to snuff for certification?

Same car. Atomic GN with 10 point cage. It passed today. :cool: I am very close to ready for another season. I hope to win a couple this year.;) I will be looking forward to starting when the season begins. I am sure this car has a 5.?? 1/8th mile in cool weather?

Hey Tony, the combo in you signature, is it still the same or did you change it for this year?

Thanks
Prasad

Still the same. Going to change the rear end gear and buy a new set of tires. Dan @ DLS ported my exhaust housing yesterday and hopefully I will be able to control the boost closer.

Thanks for the reply,with 3.90 gear how tall of tires are you running?

Prasad

For bracket racing I will use a 28" slick and I will use a drag radial for street tuner racing. 325/50/15.

Wow with the turbo 350, 28" tires and 3.90 gears what are you spinning the motor to go 137mph? 6500-7K?

Prasad

Wow with the turbo 350, 28" tires and 3.90 gears what are you spinning the motor to go 137mph? 6500-7K?

Prasad

You are right on the money. I am hoping to get the rpm down and the mph up with a taller gear. I had to have the rev limiter raised from 6200-6800 rpm.

Do you have any info on the cam spec? or is it a secret?

Thanks again for all the replies

Prasad

Back