You can type here any text you want

New System!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VuickB6

Got V6?
I am installing a new system into my GN.

Going to run:

2 Nakamichi PA-301 monoblocks powering 2 Morel 6" for doors.
1 Nakamichi PA-302 2 channel amp bridged to a 12" Eclipse in a TL enclosure
1 Nakamichi PA 202 2 channel for Eclipse 8991 6X9's for rear deck.

Gonna use an Eclipse ECD414 for my head unit.
Also a Nakamichi EC-204 Crossover

And all the other happy stuff, cap, sound damping etc.

I will post pics soon so you guys can see the progress and how it is coming along.

Till then, Enjoy

I always welcome suggestions and ideas.

just my .02

Skip the 6x9s, put in pair if 5.25 mids in back (no tweeters).
Don't waste the cash on a stiffening cap. Money is better spent else where.

What is a "TL" enclosure?

Other than that, should be a very nice system.

"TL" stands for "Transmission Line". It's an older type of enclosure design. Works well but needs very large enclosure to get it right. If you do get it right you can get inasne amounts of deeeep bass. I'd skip that idea and do a single reflex bandpass. Still get most of the benefits of a TL without the huge enclosure. BTW check out www.decware.com. They have an enclosure in there called the "Wicked One". It's a pseudo TL enclosure. I built it for a home sub for our basement. Basement is huge and this thing makes your pant legs shake when you crank it up. Absolutely killer box if you build it right. Mine only holds 2 10's but you can build it for anyhing from 6's to 15's. Can't even imagine the impact with 2 15's.

I know what a transmission line enclosure is. Great way to go but DAMN alot of space needed.

Yeah everybody is right about the TL taking a lot of space. The only reason I love the TL's is because of how low and clean you can get them to go. The last TL I built weighed about 250 Lbs. The center was filled with 2 bags of sand and also used a crap ton of MDF. The more I think about it is the more I might not run a TL.

We built two refrigerator size TL's with 18" subs and the resonant frequency is 13 cycles. These things go damn low. They love Telarc disks, they are also being powered by to Adcom Monoblocks (these are house speakers and my friend is a bachelor).

But, my friend and I have a sub we are building that is going to use one of those new high excursion subs that have like an 2" throw on them. The box will be tiny and the base will be crazy low. I will post the specs when we find out if it’s going to be a flop or not. On paper it works great. We are just about complete with the experiment.

Decware.com is awesome, i have a home wrecker for a home sub and have heard a wicked one with two tens and 2000 watts of power hit 151.3 db in a truck.

The owner of decware.com is about 30min from here.

Evan

Back