You can type here any text you want

New thought and use for my cold air intake to make it colder.

• Thread starter Thread starter pat83t
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Pass, IMO.

You need to cool after compressing the air. That's where the heat is. A small amount of liquid water will absord much more heat when it becomes gaseous than this cold spot could possibling transfer.

Cooling before the carb has limitations. Too cool, and driveability will suffer. It will bog. That's why Buick added the Thermac air cleaner and plenum heating.

This may help some on a hot day, but it will be very low on the bang for buck scale.

Jim, it costs about $150 through summit racing. fortunately for me, my work matches thier prices.

Nick, it injects forced CO2 into the bulb in the center of the pipe, freezes the bulb and uses radiant heat transfer to cool the surrounding air as it passes over the bulb, thus dispersing intake air heat.

Rich, I really haven't decided to use it yet but if I do it will be on a switch to were I can shut it off. Also I will be running it at the far end away from the carb so it won't be too cold going through the carb but will reduce temperature all the way through the pipe. May even reduce under the hood temp a little. I still plan on water/alky kit, or maybe small nitrous kit, or both. :D

I see...... I would pass on this too..... if you want to cool the air, I think you would need something that looks like a radiator.....:D

Nick

If there were a way I could do this after the turbo, I would try it. 30% of 200° will be more cooling than 30 % of 70°-inlet temperature.

However, how much does it restrict flow is another question.

Just injecting a small amount of alky after the turbo on my car made it pick up two MPH. That’s was acting like an intercooler.

The other problem is that the bottle goes empty and has to be refilled, Maybe chilled ice water flowing though something like that?
Just a thought.

Back