New times last night!

Captain Mark

Well, this was my first time to the track this year. I got my tranny rebuilt, new turbo, new injectors, and new Nitto's. I had no idea what to expect. Last year, being mostly stock I went 8.01. Last night I started out at 16 psi and just started working my way up. The good news is, when I got to 20 psi I ran:

Reaction - .543
60 ft - 1.73
330 ft - 4.875
1/8 - 7.58
mph - 92.16

Using the little math formula, this equates out to around an 11.82 in the quarter. My best quarter last year was a 12.50.

I didn't raise the boost after that run becuse the track said I would need a fire jacket, roll bar and racing seat belt.

:cool:

I said "no problem dude, I will leave a happy man!"

At this point, I'm not sure what the car has left in it, but I think it will go faster. I need to get a directscan next to see if the injectors can keep up. They are only 38#. I've got a feeling I just about maxed them out last night.

It's gonna be a fun year!

Starting a bit early, aren't we? It snowed 6 inches here yesterday.

Sounds like you're having fun. Go for it....And, Congratulations :)

leeb

Mark was happier than a pig in s*** last night :D Now, how are you are going to push it to see what's left in it without that roll bar and fire jacket :rolleyes: I bet it's got a lot more in it once you get the tuning tools ;) I can help you out on that, I bet your injectors are close to maxed if I'm maxing my 40#s out with my little ole stock turbo.

Rob, you had a pretty good night last night too! 7.80's on a stock turbo is pretty awesome.

Rob showed me how much I DON'T know about tuning my car last night! Gotta get that directscan up and running show you can give a class on it.

Do you get a consulting fee for that?:)

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Do you get a consulting fee for that?:)
Cars and computers is fun stuff...business and computers is work stuff...no fee for fun stuff:cool:

Hello Mark!

Congratulations to the nice time!

What math formula do you use?

I have the same problem here in Sweden.... under 12.00 you need the roll bar, the trick is to drive the **** outa the car to the 1/8 mile or more and then step on the brakes.... atleast we get the time and speed at the 1/8 mile mark.....

By the way...... i had 122mp/h with stock inj. maybe you have heard the roumers about the crazy swede?;)

Using the little math formula, this equates out to around an 11.82 in the quarter.

WELL I HATE TO BREAK THE NEWS TO YOU BUT..............

You would have went faster than 11.82! :D Our turbo cars tend to charge hard out the back compared to those NHRA 1/8 to 1/4 formulas show. With your 1/8 mile mph I would guess you closer to 11.70 than 11.82. Based on studying time slips and spread sheet programs I would guess you was on a 11.75 run or better.

Keep up the good work: Jason

Originally posted by The Swede
Hello Mark!

Congratulations to the nice time!

What math formula do you use?

I have the same problem here in Sweden.... under 12.00 you need the roll bar, the trick is to drive the **** outa the car to the 1/8 mile or more and then step on the brakes.... atleast we get the time and speed at the 1/8 mile mark.....

By the way...... i had 122mp/h with stock inj. maybe you have heard the roumers about the crazy swede?;)

Yes, I have been admiring your times for a long time. Good work!

I have heard that you take your 1/8 time and multiply by 1.56. tha is supposed to get you a very close 1/4 time.

Originally posted by postal
WELL I HATE TO BREAK THE NEWS TO YOU BUT..............

You would have went faster than 11.82! :D Our turbo cars tend to charge hard out the back compared to those NHRA 1/8 to 1/4 formulas show. With your 1/8 mile mph I would guess you closer to 11.70 than 11.82. Based on studying time slips and spread sheet programs I would guess you was on a 11.75 run or better.

Keep up the good work: Jason

You just made my day Jason, thanks!:cool:

Back