You can type here any text you want

New tires 235/60/15?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crisp76

Need new tires. Thinking of 235/60/15 BFG’s all around. Any advantage of staying with 215/65/15 in the front?

Need new tires. Thinking of 235/60/15 BFG’s all around. Any advantage of staying with 215/65/15 in the front?
Not much advantage at all. Your preference. The biggest difference is that 235 is about 3/4 " wider. There's not a big difference in the diameter and sidewall height. I think you'll be pleased with the performance of the BFG. BFG is what I'm currently running, different sizes though.

I've been running the 235-60-15 ever since the original Eagle GTs wore out. Have tried numerous
brands including the BF Goodrich about 20 years ago (maybe better now) which look nice but did do well mileage wise.
Kelly-Springfield in both S and V rated, the S wore good but the Vs being so soft were shot in 20k.
Goodyear GT+4 were so so. MasterCraft about 18k and done. Cooper Cobra now and look to be good mileage
wise. Plus with the 235s there are a few more choices of MFG. A couple others I don't recall at the moment.
No, I wasn't burning them up. lol. If and when these coopers wear out I may try the BFG again.

A 235 front and a 245 rear is also a look that I like. You really have to look hard to notice the difference in the slightly wider rear stance. Width wise, I’m ok with the 235’s in the rear. They look correct to the car and more pleasing to the eye. Now black wall vs white letters………..I’m back and forth on that one. 🤔

My car had 235s on it when I bought it. I found rub marks in the front wheelwells in the forward part. It wasn't a deep rub, just through some undercoating that was on there. I went back to 215. This isn't a slalom car so the stability is fine.

like above I had rub, Passenger side back of wheelwells at enigma harness exit. Parts car I bought was passenger side forward part, Go figure
I did like the look of the 235 and it only rubs sometime when I seen wiring harness in the hole it rubbed through in less than 20 K back to 215 I went up front.
Its funny some cars it work on some not so good all you can do is give it a try not to many tire options today

I hear you guys, it sucks of the possibility of the front tire rub. It’s definitely something to consider. Especially @ $200 each.

I hear you guys, it sucks of the possibility of the front tire rub. It’s definitely something to consider. Especially @ $200 each.
Rub depends to individual car. I have a stock WE4 with 235/60r15 on the front. No tire rub at all. Oder a set of 235 and try them on the front. No reub-keep them and buy a set for the back...

Rub depends to individual car. I have a stock WE4 with 235/60r15 on the front. No tire rub at all. Oder a set of 235 and try them on the front. No reub-keep them and buy a set for the back...
Most definitely will do that. Just to know if it rubs or not. If it does, I’ll get the 215’s up front.

Back