You can type here any text you want

New Tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mark b

I need to put some new skins on the TTA and was thinking about Khumo's (sp). Any recent feedback on these from use or other suggestions? 2 years ago I would have considered Firestone Firehawk SZ's but I'm shying away from them now...

I really liked BFG Comp TA's , but I heard they may be discontinued now:(
Don't know anyone running Kuhmo's.
This I do know:
Goodyears-suck
Firestones-suck
Just my .02

p.s. Are you the owner of the TTA "lawn ornament" at Cotton's, if so I know why you need some tires:p JK

I have KUMO supra's up front on my TTA and I must say for the 88 bux i paid for them, they are definatly worth it.

Out back, if you want some traction, go with the Nitto Dr's, the BFG Dr's last about as long as an oil change.

-- lawn ornament at cotton's, man that thing has been there for a long time! I keep seeing it there for the past 2 years or so...

gotta get down to cottons soon

Anyone going to NE dragway or LEbanon soon?

~Murt

Is there such a thing as a tire that grabs hard on the street? My 9" slicks will go up in smoke if I launch at more than 3psi or so on the street. The good year street tires are like skatting on ice once the boost starts comming on. They will not grab again once broke loose either. BUT I sure did put the fear of god in a buddy of mine one day with those good years. :D John Force would have been proud of me!

Jason

Goodyear F1-GD3, best i've tried so far out of about 12 sets of tires. I dont like the kumho supras, firestone sz50s, reg. goodyear f-1s wear out too quik, BFG KD's are o.k. Nitto 555s are o.k. on the rear. The F-1 GD3 handles and looks great. d.o.t. Slicks= E.T. streets

Good call, "lawn ornament" - I love it. SO true... 3 1/2 years, can you believe it? The damn tires dry-rotted and I can't keep them inflated.

I forgot about the BFG KD's .. they don't make one near the stock GN rim, but I forgot we run 2465/50, right? Had my TR hat on instead of my TTA hat. I know a few other people running them and they love them.

I have a 2nd set of rear rims that I'm going to mount slicks or Nitto 555's on. So I'll run 4 tires the same and have the others for summer or racing or fun....

Back