You can type here any text you want

New Tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TIGN

Death by boost
Ok so I have four different tires on my car now (haha im broke, just got done complete overhaul of motor and tranny, see sig). I need some new tires bad. I drive the car on weekends mostly and only for 50 or so miles so I want to put some street slicks on the rear and some reg street tires on the front. I was looking at the Micky T's for the rear and also the BFGoodrich G-Forces. I know the Micky T's are excellent tires but does anyone have experience with the G-Forces? They look good and are about 40-50 bucks cheaper for the pair. If I were to do the BFG's I would also do some high performance all season BFG's up front. Also the tires on the rear of my car now are 235/60R15 which is about a 26 inch tire. What is the biggest set I can fit back there without cutting or rubbing? Dunno what the front ones are but they rub on hard turns now a little so what size should I go with up there? Stock 215/65R15? Keep in mind I will be running 17-20 psi street and up to 23psi on the track and want to get a good hard launch. I know the Mickey's can handle it but can the BFG's? Also I was looking at Tirerack.com, any other good places for tires? Thanks in advance
-Andrew

Tirerack is your best bet for good prices and M/T are constantly voted the best drag radials so no point debating it again.

Also if you need to save some cash don't be too afraid of the lesser-known brands of tires. I put 4 Sumitomo's on my new wheels for under $300. ZR rated, aggressive tread pattern, couldn't be happier.

Also try Discount tire direct,and do a search on ebay stores some good prices to be had there also!

Back