You can type here any text you want

new to FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SloGN

I'm a ASSHOLE.....
hey guys

i just recently purchased a used FAST system. i have had this thing for a while now and got the bug to install it. is there any tips to making running the wiring easier?

also onthe wiring the instructions say to slpice into the 7 th wire on the injectors harness. from what i have researched that is the hot 12v side of the injectors. why whould i need to splice that wire when it gets power only when the switch is on?

it's running on the fast

I have joined the ranks of FAST :) got the car tuned in pretty good

17-18 psi with 18-19 degrees of timing on pump gas. arget A/F is 11.8

ready to dyno it and compare to the first dyno with the stock ecm with @ 19-20 psi and alky with the timing @ 23 in low gear and 21 in high gear.

with the current tune i have on the car it seems faster with the less timing and less boost

i had some help from a friend locally he is a tuner by trade. is there anything i can help ya out with?

Not yet, I'm going to purchase a fast b2b tommarow or saturday, and was just curious to see who helped you out. When i install i know there are going to be someone questions, so i was just wondering if someone here was the onle helping you out.

I want to be able to have the same :) smile you have, after getting your fast to work right. I cant wait to fine tune my car, glad to hear your loving it.

yes sir there is no going back to the stock crap now. I went to the race track last night and ran just as good as the time in my sig. them time in my sig was on 28" tall slick and 19-20 psi of boost with bailey's extender chip and 21 degree of timing @ WOT

last night i was on 26" slicks run the fast system @ 18.5-19 degrees of timing on pump gas ran a 7.67 @ 91 mph. I also found out two things too. My posi is dog legging bad int he water box and my trans is power sliding in to second gear.

so i believe that car has a low 7.50 or a high 7.40's @ 20-21 psi of boost.

the data logging is superior to the direct scan also.

my fast unit just came it, ill be looking at it this weekend after mid terms on thursday and friday night :mad:

Any tips? PM me with any information you think would be valuable to me in the installation process. Thanks.

what answer did you get for this question. a friend says his gn won't get power to that wire from the fast ecm. But if he runs power to it the car starts.

also onthe wiring the instructions say to slpice into the 7 th wire on the injectors harness. from what i have researched that is the hot 12v side of the injectors. why whould i need to splice that wire when it gets power only when the switch is on?[/QUOTE]

jasjamz said:
what answer did you get for this question. a friend says his gn won't get power to that wire from the fast ecm. But if he runs power to it the car starts.

also onthe wiring the instructions say to slpice into the 7 th wire on the injectors harness. from what i have researched that is the hot 12v side of the injectors. why whould i need to splice that wire when it gets power only when the switch is on?
[/QUOTE]

i didn't splice that wire for that same reason. i'm currently using the speedpro harness the precion sold yrs ago and in there instructions said to splice into the 7th pin wire pink in color. i have had the car running for quite a bit no with no problems from it.

I will also be installing my FAST in my GN and have a few questions. Sorry if you already answered this. I have a plug a play harness and in a nut shell i was told, splice into the inj harness the pink wire then run a wire to my 3 bar map. anything else im missing. Providing evertthing go ok. How long should it take me to hook the system up?

i didn't splice that wire for that same reason. i'm currently using the speedpro harness the precion sold yrs ago and in there instructions said to splice into the 7th pin wire pink in color. i have had the car running for quite a bit no with no problems from it.[/QUOTE]

Back