New to Houston and new T-Type owner

HeavyRightFoot

Whats up everybody? Just moved to Houston for school and just purchaced an 86 T-Type. Just thought I would start a tread and say hello to everybody.:)

J

Hi there and welcome to Houston:) . We have quiet a few Turbo Regals here and several V-8 Buicks also. This is a good website to be on. I am the VP of the Houston Buick Club. We are having our annual picnic this Saturday at Bear Creek Park from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm. Let me know if you need directions. A chance to meet other local TR owners. I have a '86 T Type Regal, my son has a '84 GN with an intercooled 4.1L. Come out & join us if you can. Go to our website The Houston Buick Club and check us out. :cool:

Robert,

That car was for sale on this board a year ago I think??? Sorry I will miss the picnic. I will be thinking of you guys while i am throwing beads at the ladies in New Orleans. LOL

I live in houston and just got my GN last weekend. It was my dads so I been around them all my life. Anyway, I notice everyone is running huge injectors and all I have is blue tops with a seventh and the thing smells of unburnt fuel. Has champion ported and polished heads and intake and 200-200 cam with te-44 turbo. What's the deal with it running so rich? Just bad programing? Have anything to with sitting for 6 years? Also, I'm up for meeting anytime around Houston.

all the time but much more evident at idle. Smells like my old 67 charger when I put too big a carb on it. boost is only at 12 lbs right now and I thought that might be adding to the problem but still doesn't explain idle.

I've already scheduled it with Connely's next week for a power tune and tweak but in the mean time it's getting 12 mpg and gasing me out. Driving me nuts.

My car. Any cruises or something car related to do in Houston tomorrow night?

Attachments

• GN.jpg
    GN.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 142
Thats a sweet ass car bro. Im not sure, Im in the middle of putting in a camshaft, I hope to be done with it by saturday morning. Then I can go cruise.