You can type here any text you want

new to the turbo buick

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

zacherymanuel

Im new to the buick world. Just trying to learn the basic things. Im having a knock problem after 5lbs of boost. Im running stock turbo stock intercooler stock down pipe. Also have ls1 mass sensor and 42.5 injecters. I do have a scan master Need help plz.

Hello and Welcome to Turbobuick.com!!! :) Don't have a scanmaster myself but post up your scanmaster numbers and I'm sure someone can help you.............

Weak fuel pump. Boost gauge reading incorrectly. Verify both. I'm betting on the fuel pump.

Scanmaster numbers would help diagnose your problem. Check to see that your downpipe isn't contacting anything like the frame or control arm, that can show up as knock.

Or bad gas
Yep ......."Bad Gas" causes knock. (especially by my wife upside my head):D

You NEED to run premium top grade fuel in these cars. Do not buy a tank full of Arco (or other crap gas brand) Premium and think that it'll work good. Buy an alcohol injection system, too. Then you can really have fun with it. Again, post a little more info abut your car. What fuel pump? Is it hot wired? What Computer Chip are you running? If it is a race chip it might just have too much ignition timing in it. Check what the others have suggested.

Also i have a turbotweak classic chip v5.6 street pump gas chip. Stock turbo stock intercooler 2600 stall stock head ported stock cam? Still having knock need help plz

Do you have a boost gauge or are you going by the factory boost gauge? Does the knock keep climbing as you stay in the throttle? Could be shift knock. False knock. Give us some more info.

probably to much boost for pump gas, or add some fuel. we need some fuel pressure #'s and boost #'s to help

I have factory and aftermarket boost gauge. And yes the more i stay in the gas the more the knock climbs. Im running 35 psi of fuel pressure and my boost is on 10 lbs.

Idk my fuel pressure cuz the.gauge is under the hood. Is there another way to see fuel pressure besides mounting it on the hood?

You could fab up a guage and line and let the wiper hold it down. Fuel pressure is very important when running boost. There can't be too many ways to monitor everything going on. Seems that your issue is a lean condition but we are all just guessing at this point.

boost plus base fuel pressure = wot fuel,so if you are running 20# boost and 43# fuel, wot fuel should be 63#

Back