New Toy In My Garage

WICKEDGN

I CANT LIVE WITHOUT BOOST
Hey guys i just got a new car, well not brand new it's a 94 TT-supra in mint condition. is any one in this board familiar with them?? if so i got a couple of q's??? well their know for making big horsepower but they cant put it to the ground like the gn because of the indipendent rear suspension.

My Question is??? does anyone know what would it take and were can i buy some suspension mods to get the supras power the the ground.??? i know about the HKS coil over spring's but is there anything cheaper than those or something else that would work as good as them.

Im just getting to know this car and it's excellent above 35k RPM"S it pulls mad. but i want too launch it pretty hard. thanx guys

Originally posted by WICKEDGN

Im just getting to know this car and it's excellent above 35k RPM"S it pulls mad. but i want too launch it pretty hard. thanx guys

Wow, it can pull after 35,000 rpms... where the heck is the redline?? :)

My Question is??? does anyone know what would it take and were can i buy some suspension mods to get the supras power the the ground.??? i know about the HKS coil over spring's but is there anything cheaper than those or something else that would work as good as them.

That probrably is litterally the $60,000 question. None can figure it out short of a full race suspension. If you can figure it out you can make alot of money..They are beautiful cars....good luck!:cool:

Well im neither rich or famous, just saved money for a long time. well i guess im going to have to learn lot's more about supras andtheir suspension hope fully ill have a good setup by the time buick's at vegas come by. :eek: :D

Killer 6s

Hey, congrats man, that's definitely a sweet ride and a good complement to your GN! You gotta post some pix of the two side by side, that'd be a nice wallpaper for my work computer, reminding me of why I'm here 8+ hours a day :p

I just about pulled the trigger on a 94 TT RX-7, but I couldn't justify having two cars that nice as fair weather playtoys. Plus the Rex didn't QUITE have the GN's torque :D Congrats to you though, two turbo rides that are well respected!

Am I wrong, or was there a member or two on here that also had a TT Supra? At least at one point I am pretty sure there was.

Thanx everyone for the nice replys, rx7's r nice rides too!! your right abouth the low end torque it's not compared to my gn but the supra is stock . i guess will see how does it respond when i buy some goodies for it. but it does pull strong and keeps pulling above 3,500 rpm's but i quit whe i hit 100 mph.:) :D

thanx again every one for all the replys ill try too get my friends camera to post up some pix, snce this buy left me broke:eek: :)
thanx guys.

1 word for you: TEIN

Tein's suspension will help you keep your car from spinning too much. But also just learn not to use too much throttle on the launch untill you get the hang of it.

Congrats. You are going to love that car.

Do not worry about the IRS. I am laying down 1.45s with only 10+psi launches with 26x9x16 QTPs. Be careful about all these "trick" suspension setups in the Supra market. If you want good hook with an IRS, you want a setup has quick rebound/slow compression for the front and quick compression/slow rebound for the rear. This allows the front to come up quickly and give max weight transfer but does not let the suspension come back to "normal" quickly which unloads the rear. Of course, this is not necessarily the best setup for normal street driving and handling and I accomplish this with adjustable shocks and switching between street and strip modes.

If you follow the conventional SupraTT mods that are centered around a monster turbo capable of making 1000hp with matching big injs, you are going to end up with a setup that is only good for top-end and a dyno. If the Supra crowd starts getting as ingenious about drag racing as the TR crowd and try things like .63 turbine housings on T70 turbos :D, they would be a terror at the track. Problem is, combos like that are not sexy and do not post the big dyno numbers.........MARKETING

They hook up a lot better than they're credited for, most of it is driver.

That is one of few cars that has as much or more potential than the GN. Check out http://www.mkiv.com (mark 4) That's what the 4th gen Supra's are known as. Lots of info there. It takes maybe $1000 to get around 400-425 hp at the rear wheels on these cars. Search for BPU (basic performance upgrade) on that site. It's some Supra slang stuff that they use. Anyway good luck with that car, I hope to own one some day too!

Well im really into drag racing so big numbers dont matter too me if i cant get it to the ground, i might do the set up you suggested scottie. i may have to go with the 63. ar. too theres a couple of guys here in vegas with auto. supras running mid 10's and high 9's with hossier et. streets and nitto drag radials.

thanx for the reply guys. hopefully i wont get beat that bad on the buick nationals this october here in vegas or i might have too take the gn out.

;) :D

Get to BPU level and it will make around 400rwhp on stock turbos. Air filter, downpipe, exhaust, and tuning upgrades for about $1500.

After that is when it gets very.... very pricey as you need a new exhaust manifold, turbo/turbos, injectors, fuel system, intercooler, fuel management (to do it right), clutch and more. Going from stock turbos to single is about a $10K+ affair.

Keep it at BPU as it will run low 12's at about 115-119mph on street tires which is very respectable. When you start beating on them for the killer 60' times.... expect to shell out some coin for that clutch upgrade often.

I got a 1.71 60ft time on 245/50/16 Nitto DR's with 5psi launch with my IRS. The fact that car will handle and can launch well is well worth the small tradeoff in having IRS.

-GNX7

Hey looking at selling your upgrades (down pipe, turbo ect..) on the GN? The extra money can really help you with your supra.

All I have done to my suspension is Eibach springs, and I changed the alignment to straighten up the camber. What you'll really need is the right converter for your turbo (just like on any turbo car). I cut low 1.5's and even got a 1.49 60' with 27" Hoosier QTP's.