You can type here any text you want

New Toy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clonegnx

Here is a picture of the TTA I just got, I will need seat covers, new dash pad and a stering wheel if anyone can help. Can wait this thing looks awsome

Attachments

• truck 046.jpg
    truck 046.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 413
  • truck 045.jpg
    truck 045.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 415
  • truck 048.jpg
    truck 048.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 418
I have a dash pad that is in decent shape, has one very small hole on the underside of the corner.

Congrats and welcome to the club. Did you already take the emblems off or were they already gone? If you wanted to part it out you could easily make some money on it. Good luck with getting her back up to speed.

Congrats and welcome to the club. Did you already take the emblems off or were they already gone? If you wanted to part it out you could easily make some money on it. Good luck with getting her back up to speed.
Embels are already gone, I was actually offered 5,000 as is. But I would rather save a limited production car than part it out. Then again if someone wanted to pay 6,000 its sold....LOL

Anyway if anyone has the parts I am looking for please let me know.

Keith

re car

5000 for a car with a bad motor and looks like that with a rebuilt title i would
have taken that offer

5000 for a car with a bad motor and looks like that with a rebuilt title i would
have taken that offer
No way, look at the GNXS people are paying out the wazoooooo even the few that have been rebuilt. I will stick it out back and forget about it until the market catches up...... I look at car as investments, rebuilt or noy they will not make them again.

Congrats on the purchase. It will cost 10k to get that car back up and running. Will it be worth the 15K after you do that, probably not for a long time.

If you dont think it will cost 10K.. start your parts list.. the most expensive being TTA specific parts like seats, steering wheel, emblems, paint and body, carpet, spoiler, decals, etc..

Nice race car project.. the hard to get stuff is there..

Congrats on the purchase. It will cost 10k to get that car back up and running. Will it be worth the 15K after you do that, probably not for a long time.

If you dont think it will cost 10K.. start your parts list.. the most expensive being TTA specific parts like seats, steering wheel, emblems, paint and body, carpet, spoiler, decals, etc..

Nice race car project.. the hard to get stuff is there..

I don't think it will cost $10K. Your first priority will be the motor, that alone could you run you around $3K-5K. The steering column, steering wheel, seats, and alot of other stuff are just from a GTA. Granted, finding GTA/TTA interior parts in good shape will require some searching but they can be found. Make sure to check out ThirdGen.org, there are always guys parting out cars there. Ebay is a good spot but dont get carried away. I would say just get the car where you can drive it safely and reliably and dont worry about cosmetic stuff. Keep us posted on other things you need and good luck.

I don't think it will cost $10K. Your first priority will be the motor, that alone could you run you around $3K-5K. The steering column, steering wheel, seats, and alot of other stuff are just from a GTA. Granted, finding GTA/TTA interior parts in good shape will require some searching but they can be found. Make sure to check out ThirdGen.org, there are always guys parting out cars there. Ebay is a good spot but dont get carried away. I would say just get the car where you can drive it safely and reliably and dont worry about cosmetic stuff. Keep us posted on other things you need and good luck.
Thanks, I done frame offs on all of the GTO, Camaros etc you see in my profile, I currently have two GN's I am restoring and now this TTA. I can do the motor, paint and electrical myself. Just need to find the parts, should be good fun. for me this is transforming from hobby to part time job.. But I still love it always will as I said car are investments and they do not make them anymore, save um dont part um is my feeling

. If anyone has TTA parts or GN parts for that matter that they would like to sell in lots or otherwise please PM me or email me as I am always interested..

Thanks Keith

how do you know so much about this car? was is yours previously?

I've been dealing with TTA's, their parts procurment, machine shops, and expereince in putting cars into shape. Based on the pictures posted, I can tell a lot. Plus the add on Ebay that came out a few weeks ago.. and that auction was closed early due to you buying the car.

3-5K would be a nice quote on the engine plus labor. Not counting all the missing parts currently the engine has. Or unseen issues like turbo, oil cooler, timing covers, camshafts, crank, rods, etc,...

Then the transmission. Hopefully the POSI is ok.. they are known to have issues. Then the seats, steering wheel, carpet, headliner, console, etc..

That is to make the car rite will require custom pistons due to the TTA heads. Thats an easy 700 by itself.

Guess its all about compromises and how about everyone goes about fixing their pride and joys. Hi mileage cars are great race cars.. and maybe hard to find parts on the car already can be used to fund those projects.

After all it is a toy. Everyone on this site who has undertaken fixing/building a TTA has hit it.. Its Buick counterpart is way cheaper and easier to fix up.

Just my .02.. lay the plan out.. then make $$$ decisions.

Cheers

Thanks, I agree lots of money but I just cant parts a car out that a limited run. If it was a GTA no problem, TA, Z car whatever... I may wind up selling this car whole. If so I will let the boards know. I will not part the car no time and it goies against what I believe.

Thanks Though, your info is insiteful
Good Bless
Keith

Thanks, I agree lots of money but I just cant parts a car out that a limited run. If it was a GTA no problem, TA, Z car whatever... I may wind up selling this car whole. If so I will let the boards know. I will not part the car no time and it goies against what I believe.

Thanks Though, your info is insiteful
Good Bless
Keith

Keith, I understand. If you dont have a lot of money in it.. store it away and always be on the lookout for hard to find completion parts.

The leather on these cars is a killer.

I have a really nice dash pad .. Found it the other day looking for AC lines:rolleyes: No telling what other junk I have up there . May have a console to.. :cool:

I would have paid 5k for it. Worth it to have a car to mess around with. I can't bare to cut into mine. Good luck! :cool:

Back