You can type here any text you want

New Tunercat Realtime Tool

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yeah, that IS cool. I've been waiting for this so I can tune up the MAF tables for a screenless, coneless stock MAF. I know the MaxEffort is capable of this and it must've taken Steve Y. quite a while to calibrate for that. Hopefully the RT Tuner will speed the process up for me. I didn't feel like doing it the hard way...I'm too lazy:)

Now I gotta send in the Romulator and have it updated to 1.22, I'm still on 1.06.

Eric

Yeah it would be nice for playing with the maf tables and timing tables and driveability. The maf tables aren't too bad if you hook up a wideband and log it to directscan like I do. Then just log the drive cycles for the maf areas your interested in and attack the tables, it isn't bad at all.

Dragging this up from months ago. How did you feed the data to DS?

Just to be clear, I'm not doing the RT stuff but I ran the wideband thru the MAT line using a boost harness. Also zero'd out the MAT correction tables although they don't do much at all. Then created a conversion table from MAT temp to A/F for reference. Then I could compare MAF to A/F with the open loop chip stuff I was playing with and make adjustments to the MAF tables to get all the cruise A/F where I wanted it.

So in short you used the MAT wire as the sender for the WB02 output? I realize I will have to use my voltage chart and come up with a crossreference as it reads out on DS. I don't mind doing that at all. It sure would be a good trick if it's as simple as that but what are the odds?:D

I thought I'd mentioned the Romulator last month.

I've been using it for quite a while now.

With Scanmaster you can see the Gm/sec your at and you BLs and work from there.

An LED WB display is the only way to go thou.
Lets you get the AE stuff really CORRECT instead of just close.

The PITA is making up the adapter to plug the Romulator into the GN ecm.

And you can get a car dialed in CORRECTLY in a day with it and a WB.

Having a GTech helps too.

John,
Yes, in short I'm using the MAT w/ a boost harness, won't work w/o it. After some research I figured it would work then after some discussion with other "creators" we determined it wouldn't let the smoke out of anything when only using part of the boost harness since its meant to be used differently. So now just by moving the mat line I can log WBO2, boost or charged air temp since I relocated the MAT to the upper plenum. Just wish I could log all 3 at the same time....

Bruce,
When your doing AE tuning what kind of light show A/F range are you looking for?

Originally posted by BoostKillsStres
John,
Yes, in short I'm using the MAT w/ a boost harness, won't work w/o it. After some research I figured it would work then after some discussion with other "creators" we determined it wouldn't let the smoke out of anything when only using part of the boost harness since its meant to be used differently. So now just by moving the mat line I can log WBO2, boost or charged air temp since I relocated the MAT to the upper plenum. Just wish I could log all 3 at the same time....

Bruce,
When your doing AE tuning what kind of light show A/F range are you looking for?

The best thing you can do with the MAT input is use it for a boost correction for timing, and fuelin. though it does take alot of work.

The short answer is just so that there is no tip-in leanness.
The how rich varies by converter. Loser the converter the less AE you need.

Back