New Upholstery:

KC87

Every year I try to do something that needs to be done and this time its new upholstery for the front seats. Driver's is pretty beat up. Would like the best quality as close to oem out there. This from Highway Stars looks good but would like to know what you guys have come across recently and if this is a good choice. Also need the foam but didn't see it listed on their site. Looked at Jax but they seem to only offer one type of cloth now compared to a while back and the leather. Would prefer to get both the covers and foam from the same place.

nothing is close to oem .highway has the best but unlesss you doit all it will not match .. best place for new foam is g body ..go leather or velour LOL

Steve V just did his fronts with the leather from body looks good and wears well and won't have to change all of it out just saying

I know they ran out of original fabric years ago but was wonder what was the next best thing. Yeah, that's thing, door panels wouldn't probably but they're in great shape but for a small where on the driver's top (arm hanging syndrome) and rear is perfect. Not sure how the leather and fabric would look. Is that what Steve did?

he changed it all out think its on his you tube channel on his personal car .. you deserve velour though :p

nothing is close to oem .highway has the best but unlesss you doit all it will not match .. best place for new foam is g body ..go leather or velour LOL
I worked with Leslie at HwyStars this summer and she was extremely helpful. Sent samples and followed up with me on my choices. I went with the velour since my T-Type had original gray velour interior, but I switched to the grand national pattern. Was real happy with the color match.

Attachments

• Highwat Star GN Velour.jpg
    Highwat Star GN Velour.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 410
  • Highway Star T Type Velour.jpg
    Highway Star T Type Velour.jpg
    965.7 KB · Views: 392
  • Highway Star T Type Seat.jpg
    Highway Star T Type Seat.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 365
  • Highway Star T Type Seat bottom.jpg
    Highway Star T Type Seat bottom.jpg
    707.2 KB · Views: 367
  • Int Install.jpg
    Int Install.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 388
I worked with Leslie at HwyStars this summer and she was extremely helpful. Sent samples and followed up with me on my choices. I went with the velour since my T-Type had original gray velour interior, but I switched to the grand national pattern. Was real happy with the color match.

Switched to the GN pattern meaning the new "exclusive" one like in my post? That one seems to have the original weave down fairly well. When the seat first started to get some minor wear Jax still had the factory cloth and sent some samples and were perfect. Ordered it but they ended up not having enough material. Looks like you didn't get new foam. Yours look pretty darn good. Thanks for the photos.
Grass Doctor thinks the velour is best but I think he drives without his pants on. :D

hotairWH1 used the velour ... they all are great ..the exclusive is the closest to OEM .. but like I said have to do it all to look right . I do have a preference for the velour as it is softer for riding dirty :LOL::LOL:

hotairWH1 used the velour ... they all are great ..the exclusive is the closest to OEM .. but like I said have to do it all to look right . I do have a preference for the velour as it is softer for riding dirty :LOL::LOL:

I'm so confused! Maybe I'll just throw a horse blanket over it. :LOL:
Right now the exclusive looks like the winner for what I want but will wait to see if there's anymore recommendations. Once its done its done.
Oh, make sure you put a towel over yourself when driving by a semi, don't want to scare the heifer dust out of someone.

I'm so confused! Maybe I'll just throw a horse blanket over it. :LOL:
Right now the exclusive looks like the winner for what I want but will wait to see if there's anymore recommendations. Once its done its done.
Oh, make sure you put a towel over yourself when driving by a semi, don't want to scare the heifer dust out of someone.
Leslie (ph: 847-599-1600) at HWYSTARS will send you samples of the exclusive. so you can check the color match. I went with velour cause my door panels are velour not because of my junk :unsure:

Switched to the GN pattern meaning the new "exclusive" one like in my post? That one seems to have the original weave down fairly well. When the seat first started to get some minor wear Jax still had the factory cloth and sent some samples and were perfect. Ordered it but they ended up not having enough material. Looks like you didn't get new foam. Yours look pretty darn good. Thanks for the photos.
Grass Doctor thinks the velour is best but I think he drives without his pants on. :D

Yeah you can’t trust anybody with a name like grass doctor, right? I mean think about it for a minute! Lol!

Reality is for those of us in hot climates, shorts are an absolute must. As you stick to leather (just saying is all).

Growing up we used to ride our bicycles everywhere and come summertime the only thing we’d wear is cut off shorts. Nowadays they won’t let u in a store without shoes and a shirt. Something we never ever wore!

Anywho, it’s a crying shame that somebody hasn’t replicated our fabric. In that, while mine still look great however they’re starting to fade ever so slightly and I’ve been noticing the foam is dry rotting. So, I’ll be curious to see how this turns out. Please post pics when you decide. Even if it’s leather too! Cause I can always pull a grass doctor and throw a towel on it, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah you can’t trust anybody with a name like grass doctor, right? I mean think about it for a minute! Lol!

Reality is for those of us in hot climates, shorts are an absolute must. As you stick to leather (just saying is all).

Growing up we used to ride our bicycles everywhere and come summertime the only thing we’d wear is cut off shorts. Nowadays they won’t let u in a store without shoes and a shirt. Something we never ever wore!

Anywho, it’s a crying shame that somebody hasn’t replicated our fabric. In that, while mine still look great however they’re starting to fade ever so slightly and I’ve been noticing the foam is dry rotting. So, I’ll be curious to see how this turns out. Please post pics when you decide. Even if it’s leather too! Cause I can always pull a grass doctor and throw a towel on it, right?

Guess we'll just have to make do with what's available, right now something is a must and you're right about the foam dry rotting and doing it quick. I'm going to call the lady that Hot Air mentioned to get some samples. Lol, even here the leather and vinyl are referred to as "freeze and fries", on a hot day and shorts you leave a layer of skin on the seat.
Lol, G-D driving down the road pitching a tent in his car. :ROFLMAO: Thanks so much for that image. Although I thought for sure he comeback and say he had about 15 sets laying around still in original packaging.

you guys are doing it all wrong gotta get the air flowing through the moon roof or t tops .. driving free and clean :p I may have some OEM fabric LOL and how can you trust someone named seedling for Petes sake:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

gimme dolla

Last edited:
you guys are doing it all wrong gotta get the air flowing through the moon roof or t tops .. driving free and clean :p I may have some OEM fabric LOL and how can you trust someone named seedling for Petes sake:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

gimme dolla

Hey the sprouts gotta start somewhere right?? Lmao!

gimme dolla

Oh no! Let me guess, when you're in the store you wear a long overcoat with some cutoff trouser legs tied around your knees with leather straps via Hustler's "Chester the Molester" style. :LOL: Than walk around, "Hi ladies"
Forgot, gimme fiffy dolla!!!

Last edited:
Leslie (ph: 847-599-1600) at HWYSTARS will send you samples of the exclusive. so you can check the color match. I went with velour cause my door panels are velour not because of my junk :unsure:

Talked to Leslie yesterday and is sending some samples.

check these custom ones out .. but no eating cheeseburgers on these bad boys :LOL:
81856298_10219005561644234_9083153758505926656_n.jpg

check these custom ones out .. but no eating cheeseburgers on these bad boys :LOL: View attachment 349280

They do look nice. What's that handle sticking out in front, ejection pull? Highway Stars doesn't sell the foam anymore and recommended Summit because of their cheap shipping charges but will check the other vendors here to make sure. That looks like a velour center, are sides vinyl?

centers are goat suede vey soft on the family jewels ...gbody has the correct foam haven't looked at summit but there re two styles of foam so double check and compare classic industries and opgi has correct foam too ... sides are leather come on man kindigit designs would never use vinyl

centers are goat suede vey soft on the family jewels ...gbody has the correct foam haven't looked at summit but there re two styles of foam so double check and compare classic industries and opgi has correct foam too ... sides are leather come on man kindigit designs would never use vinyl
Better have deep pockets