You can type here any text you want

New video game consoles coming out, opinions?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
This is for all you hardcore gamers out there...I guess the big three are at it again starting with Microsoft and the XBOX 360 due out tomorrow I guess. We also have Sony's Playstation 3 and Nintendo's "Revolution" systems coming out in spring of 06'. Supposedly the best system out of all 3 is the 360. Anybody have any thoughts or opinions on these systems? Which would you rather get? I've fallen behind the times a bit and need to know which system is the best. This should be interesting!

d0n_3d said:
This is for all you hardcore gamers out there...I guess the big three are at it again starting with Microsoft and the XBOX 360 due out tomorrow I guess. We also have Sony's Playstation 3 and Nintendo's "Revolution" systems coming out in spring of 06'. Supposedly the best system out of all 3 is the 360. Anybody have any thoughts or opinions on these systems? Which would you rather get? I've fallen behind the times a bit and need to know which system is the best. This should be interesting!

My X360 is coming tomorrow so I will give you a full report.
I have to admit the demos and launch games are nothing to write home about.
It looks like they were really scared of the PS3 and needed to beat it to market. They will not have a lot of quality games out until next year.

The PS3 will have more power and better 3rd party support.
The problem is I have heard that it is a pain in the butt to program for.
Unless they really blow something Sony will remain the market leader.

Nintendo should stick to making games like Sega does now.
They have will have some killer 1st party titles but no 3rd party support.
I have not wasted money on a nintendo system since the NES.

The XBOX 360 will again have better graphics and audio. High Def on all games and 16:9 enhanced mandated. Its going to look awesome on my 46 in HD Sony.

From whats seen of the PS3 the graphics, they are again going to be below the XBOX.

Before anybody says Sony always has more games, that may be about to change. The fact that Microsoft was able to get a piece of some Sony only franchises(ex..Final fantasy) is a sign of things to come. :smile:

Louie,

The PS3 will have Blue Ray with much greater capacity then the standard DVD of the X360. Microsoft did not ever bother giving their deck a HD DVD Drive.
The PS3 will also have HDMI Output that the X360 will not have.
I will get both but everything I have read and heard from industry people points to the PS3 being the better unit. I live about 2 Miles from EA. Actually we had Chinese Food for Dinner right across the street tonight. Damn that Hunan Cook, that stuff has kick!!! :eek:

We actually picked up a 61 inch HD Set to prepare for the console wars!!!

I agree with some of what you are sayin...But you have yet to see any actual game play from the PS3 , all they have released is video, not game play and stills.

HDMI ?? Are you going to spend 125.00 - 150.00 for just the HDMI cable ??? At least that what they were in this area 4 months ago..Im not..

I guess this all remains to be seen. I wont have my 360 until Xmas day. So make sure you keep us posted on what you thing tommorow night... ;)

If you look at the stats on each console, the PS3 BLOWS the 360 out of the water. Sony put alot of money into this console and it will show with the games. Besides, Sony always has better games for their console anyways. And after the crap they called halo 2 xbox has some rebuilding to do.

I again reiterate.. PS3 has yet to show actual game play. I also remember all the hopla when the PS2 was coming out and we got only some of the stuff they said. Im not a XBOX freak as what ever works best i will keep. But Sony has continued their typical polished release of game cinema cuts and still pics..

And as before the game issue is going to be non existent. Microsoft was fully aware as this being an issue and has already moved into Some of the Sony only game franchaises..

Halo rocks ! :eek: :D

just got my 360 , lottery 10 in 200 wow

but seeing them on ebay for 1,000 plus makes me think

should i open it or?

Open it up and enjoy. They are not hard to find . I called around at noon and Comp USA in my town had 2.

I won a 360 on everytenminutes.com. Got it last Saturday, but since I work long hours I have not even had a chance to open it. I get 4 days off for Thanksgiving so it will be X-Box time. :biggrin:

My X360 is all hooked up and the audio and video are nice so far.
I have gone through set up and the some of the media that comes on the
hard drive. I really like the GUI and the remote control.
Perfect Dark Zero is now calling me.
I will chime in tonight or tomorrow with a report!!!

John,
Im jealous. Report back please! I have to wait till Xmas for mine!

Got my 360 last night, number 13 of 20 for the $399 bundle. Got home too late to try it out. Saw they were going on Ebay @ $1500 :eek: I thought about it ;) but my little boy and myself playing it together is worth more than a $1000 profit any day. But hooked it up tonight and as far as the video and sound goes, it's freakin' awesome! I've got a 65" HD Toshiba with an Onkyo reciever with JBL Studio Series speakers and subs and it's better than a theater. I've got 2 games, Condemned: Criminal Origins and Need For Speed. Condemed is like watching a movie and I haven't got to play NFS yet, but a long weekend is coming up :D I compared the 360 with the PS3 and from what I've seen and read, the 360 whoops the PS3's butt as far as power.

I got a chance to try 4 of the 5 games that came in the bundle yesterday.

1. Perfect Dark - Looks like a good x-box game and not a new gen.
The play control is not bad but with out the ability to jump it trips this Halo Guy out. I have not played enought to give a total opinion.

2. Gun - I like the story and the voice acting is pretty good.
The action is not bad. This is an x box title that was not upgraded on the x-360.
The graphics in some cases are very basic and in other cases are ok.

3. Medal of Honor - This game has excellent animation and sound.
The Graphics are big and things move fast but I am not impressed with the colors or detail level. This should be really good on live or multi player.

4. Project Gotham Racing - I have opened this yet sorry.

5. Condemed - What is funny about this is this was an alternate in my bundle and we did not expect it. This game has amazing sounds and visuals.
We had this on the HD 61inch and pumping through the 5.1.
Imagine two grown men jumping at the shocks and suprises.
This is not a game for kids considering the language and gore but for any adult wants Resident Evils Thrills and at times fast action this it the best launch title in my opinion.

6. -The System
- The system's looks leave a little to desired.
- The fan is super loud!!!
- The controllers have great ergonomics
- The Wireless is great and I wonder why it took so long to be a standard feature
- The GUI and Operating System are pretty and will be easy to navigate for anyone with computer experience.
- They are some nice videos and music files to test the system.

Please pull the clear plastic sticker off of the DVD Tray or it will not eject.
I did not read the dirrections and it really pissed me off for a minute!!! :eek:

Overall I am happy with the hardware and one of the games but I really think they need to get some more good games ok soon!!!

I'm waiting for the ps3. My only concerns : price... and boy do those controllers look stupid (and why only seven, not eight?) I am a little jealous of the 360 owners for now though.

Back