You can type here any text you want

New Wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve87GN

Oh come on...its just a 6
Alright, so I'm a little mystified with the wheel aspect of this car...and that bothers me lol. So, I am looking to step-up to 16" wheels, and so far I'm looking at either these...

http://www.americanracing.com/dealerline/blackimages/mega/m471.jpg

...or these, but with black in the center...

http://www.americanracing.com/dealerline/blackimages/mega/m470.jpg

American Racing says that either of these in a 16x8, 5x4.75" bolt pattern and 4" backspacing will fit fine. However, what I am wondering is, with 245/50's up front and 255/50's out back, will the tires stick out from the fenders? Will I need the GNX extensions to keep them tucked in? Thanks in advance.

Quite the contrary. With 4" of BS, they'll probably sit in more than you'd want them too.

Not the best pictures in the world, but here are shots down the side of my car with the 16x8s. The rears have a BS of 3.5" w/ 245/50s. The fronts have a BS of 3.75" w/ 225/55s. See for yourself how they sit.

Attachments

• GNX rear.jpg
    GNX rear.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 141
  • GNX front.jpg
    GNX front.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 126
Steve, I am in the same boat you are. I want to get some 16X8 rims and get rid of the 18" rims that came on my car. I don't know what size/backspacing or anything I need. I have the 12" rotors so i am worried about clearance issues there.

Turbodan said:
Steve, I am in the same boat you are. I want to get some 16X8 rims and get rid of the 18" rims that came on my car. I don't know what size/backspacing or anything I need. I have the 12" rotors so i am worried about clearance issues there.

Depending on the wheel, a 16" wheel will fit fine around a 12" rotor. Not all will, but most should.

I did a little research and the GNX front wheels were 3 15/16" backspacing, so the 4" BS should be about the same look in the front. Would spacers be a good idea then for the back? I've heard they can be dangerous. And, would fender flares be required?

What kind of 18's do you have, I may be interested

Turbodan said:
Looking for all black or aluminum that I could powder coat black.

Back