You can type here any text you want

Newb, Need help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ROBuick GN seek

I guess this is sort of an intro too. I've come from LS1tech and I plan on buying an 87 GN (to replace my 99 z28). I just can't figure out what a 274 stage II buick motor is. Is it a bored and stroked 3.8? What block do they start with? Also, how much power and what numbers could I get building off of a 3.8? I ask because the whole reason I left the LSx folk is because everyone was swapping the aluminum LS1 for a cast iron 402. I'd like to build a drag car using the original block or atleast start with one (bore and treated, yadda yadda yadda). Would a GN be the right car for me and what can I expect? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Stage IIs only came stock in racecars:D . They were used in Busch Racing cars and others as well. No Buick rolled off of the production line with a Stage II V6. The 274 cube engine you asked about is typically achieved by using a 4.1 block with a stroked crank.

Stage IIs only came stock in racecars:D . They were used in Busch Racing cars and others as well. No Buick rolled off of the production line with a Stage II V6. The 274 cube engine you asked about is typically achieved by using a 4.1 block with a stroked crank.

Where can I get a 274? Are there any vendors, builders, or manufacturers who sell turnkey 274s or 274 crates?

WQhat part of the country are you in?? I have a number stage 2 short blocks
that are nearly ready to go if your going to use a stock type head. I also have about 40 sets of stage 2 heads and all the goodies that go with them.
Let me know if I can help. Mike Booher cell #937 272-4313 Im in Dayton , Ohio:cool:

Back