You can type here any text you want

Newb Question....I'm Sorry.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DoWork

I'm sure this is something that has been beaten to death, but I searched for a good amount of time, and could not find anything.

Currently, my car is on a set of Centerline 15's wrapped in 255/50's. I am not a huge fan of my wheels, and I would like to switch to something I like more, and to a tire that actually hooks. I was thinking something along the lines of a set of GTA wheels or Welds.

Now, I believe my car is dropped. I have attached a pic. Am I correct? Does this affect my options in tires sizes that much?

My question is this, what do you guys reccommend for tire sizes front and rear? I would like to run M&H Radials in the rear. The car is driven on the street quite a bit, so I would like a "streetable" setup.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• S7300016.jpg
    S7300016.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 259
doesn't look dropped to me :confused: what year is it . I have the 16" M&H's on a car here .. Haven't tried them out yet :cool:

Its an 87. I think that may be a bad pic. I don't have a more current one as it is tucked away in storage right now thanks to these "awesome" WI winters. If it matters, when I still had the car out, I could only fit 1 finger between the tires and fenders. I had it sitting next to another local car and my roof line was lower than his, and he had more wheel gap than me. I suppose the wheel gap differences could be a difference in tire hieght though. I could be wrong about it being dropped...... I'm just not sure.

It needs to come down about an 1 inch in front to 1 1/2 inches in the rear imo. Sweet looken car tho.

I appreciate the compliment. I really love this car, and have wanted one since I was a kid. I would really like to bring it down more, but I am more concerned about putting power to the ground, so tires are coming first. The car is pretty stout. I bought it built, and I am waiting for my buddy who built it to find all the reciepts from it so that I know exactly what was done to the car. I know its a built 4.1L w/ full bolt ons, Turbonetics turbo(not sure of the size yet), built trans/rear end, etc.... Once I get some real tires on it, its back to the shop to get re-tuned. I am also hoping to get it painted, and find a real GN grille and some new headlight buckets/corner markers.

Judging by the picture you posted, if you could only put one finger between the tires and the fenders you must have some tremendous hands!:eek:

Please post pic of hand to confirm...;)

Car does not look to be lowered. My car is sitting on stock stuff and looks to be lowered. I'll try and dig out a pic when I get home. Frankly, I'm not a fan of the lowered ride. Well, not too lowered. Got to have a nice look- but has to be somewhat comfy as well..

Thats why I am thinking its a bad pic to use. Its the only one I have right now. I'm gonna see if my parents can snap a pic and send it to me(its in their garage for now).

I will be looking forward to the pic. Now I'm baffled lol.

I'm sure this is something that has been beaten to death, but I searched for a good amount of time, and could not find anything.

Currently, my car is on a set of Centerline 15's wrapped in 255/50's. I am not a huge fan of my wheels, and I would like to switch to something I like more, and to a tire that actually hooks. I was thinking something along the lines of a set of GTA wheels or Welds.

Now, I believe my car is dropped. I have attached a pic. Am I correct? Does this affect my options in tires sizes that much?

My question is this, what do you guys reccommend for tire sizes front and rear? I would like to run M&H Radials in the rear. The car is driven on the street quite a bit, so I would like a "streetable" setup.

Thanks in advance!
go for the street big and little look, 325-50-15 and 195-215 fronts:cool:...

Here's my stock suspension GN. Well- stock springs and new Bilstein shock all around.

DSCN1028.jpg

Ok, so they are lower than I had thought. Beautiful car man.

So, I think I may have figured it out today, but I want to check. I am looking at a set of 15x8's. I was thinking 4" BS all the way around with 275/60's in the rear, and 235/60's in the front. If I read right, they should fit without issues for up to a 2" drop, and they should work just fine stock also. Am I correct?

I looked a 4 1/8" BS for the front wheels, but couldn't find much. Also, would a 4" BS still work for the front if I went with a 7" front wheel?

Either way, LMK if one of you guys are interested in a set of CenterLines :D

I'm not sure on BS. There's tons of threads on the appropriate bs. Also, be mindful that while these are generally the "same car"- what fits on one easily, may not fit on another as easily...

I stuck 295/50/15's on stock Ttype rims and they fit great. Only rubbed in hard corners.

Also, consider the weight savings of various wheels. I'm not sure if your Centerlines are lightweight but I really prefer a lightweight aluminum
(like WELD) over other "fancy" rims because of the weight. It does make a difference.

I guess I don't understand why one car may not have issues with a wheel/tire combo, but others will. This is confusing lol

well...small differences in body to frame height via what type of bushings on the car...also the suspension mods effect clearances and deflection also.

Oh ok, I thought he was saying what fits one stock car may not fit another. I was baffled lol. So, I guess a better questin would be "how do I go about measuring to find what will fit on my car?" Instead of just getting an answer from someone, I would really like to figure this out. That way, I can walk away from this knowing that I learned something.

Back