Newbee-Dyno tommorow

Chyke

I'd like to say hello to everyone, I'm actually a Mustang guy, but have always loved Turbo Buicks. I've recently completed a little project I've been working on, a 1988 mustang with a semi-worked 87GN power plant. I've built many cars and have done many crazy things, I must say however this one has me amped up. Check my sig for details. Anyway I'm headed to the dyno tommorow to due some tuning. I'm hoping for 550 to 600 hp at the wheels. I'll post some results. Love your site.....:D

Careful on the RPM's if the operator is doing the pull.I've seen too many v6's spun like their LS1's becuase of lack of knowledge from the operator.

Good luck and hope this helps.

In a sence everything does feel like a pig compared to a seven secon ride, and although the 69 is street driven it just yells give me a ticket. Also have you ever tried to street race something that fast. Sorry but I have way to much money in the car to F... it up on the street. But alsa that is where the 88 stang comes in. It looks totally stock. Tha t's why I'm so up about it. Also I plan on spinning it to around 6000 give or take a hundred rpm. I still have to say I love the 3.8 turbo.

Well the results of today are in. It made 479 rwhp and 501 rwtq. There are a few things I find interesting however.
1. The boost pressure fluctuated between 21 and 25.9 psi, as tracked by the dynojet.
2. Peak torque was around 3800 to 4000 rpm
3. Peak hp was around 5600 to 6000.
4. 50lb/hr injectors were at 100% duty cycle
5. AF ratio was 12.5 to 1 basically acrossed the board.
6. Converter is advertised as 3800 stall, looks more like 4800 stall

knock on wood everthing looks good overall at this point. I might try 72lb/hr injectors and possibly a T-72 turbo. I believe I can get 550 to 600 rwhp. Any thoughts from those who have experience in this area??

Just curious..

What are you running for gears?

How much timing are you running and what kind of fuel?

Whats the compression?

What cam?

If you check on www.turbobuicks.com in the hybird section there are a couple other guys with GN powered Stangs. :D

Details

The test was performed with:
1. C-116 fuel
2. 355:1 gears
3. powerglide
4. I beleive the total timing in the speed pro was 23 to 25 I will check
5. ESP's race cam flat tappet
6. 8:1 compression

Originally posted by Chyke
Well the results of today are in. It made 479 rwhp and 501 rwtq. There are a few things I find interesting however.
1. The boost pressure fluctuated between 21 and 25.9 psi, as tracked by the dynojet.
2. Peak torque was around 3800 to 4000 rpm
3. Peak hp was around 5600 to 6000.
4. 50lb/hr injectors were at 100% duty cycle
5. AF ratio was 12.5 to 1 basically acrossed the board.
6. Converter is advertised as 3800 stall, looks more like 4800 stall

knock on wood everthing looks good overall at this point. I might try 72lb/hr injectors and possibly a T-72 turbo. I believe I can get 550 to 600 rwhp. Any thoughts from those who have experience in this area??

Torque #'s seem low for the hsp the car made. Typically torque #'s on these cars jump about 100 from the hsp made. If the injectors are at full duty on c-16 a 25 psi, you obviously need more injector for the current combo.(atleast 55's) and if move up to a t-72, 83lb/injectors would be in order.

Not bad #'s overall.