Newbie: Converting a V6 Monte Carlo to a Wanna-be GN

Wanna-B-GN

Hey all,
I have a aquired an early 80's Chevy Monte Carlo 3.8L with 70k original miles on it for a whopping $0.00.

I am wondering how hard it would be to convert its original V6 into an unofficial GN motor with used GN parts. I am hoping I can pick up all the necessary used GN parts and just bolt them up to my current rather virgin motor.
What exactly are the differences (aside from EFI and turbo) between a Monte 3.8 and a GN 3.8?
Are the internals basically the same? Heads?
How difficult would it be do you think?
What GN components would I need?
Finally, I am on a limited budget, where is the best place to find the parts needed?

Thanks!

do yourself a favor and buy a whole drivetrain from a gn. that is if the car is in good enough shape.

You CAN get an older carberated turbo and headers from ebay fairly cheap, but thats really a waste of time and money.

what you want to do is get an 86/87 engine and tranny, if you can't find that then go 84/85, personally i'd go with a 350 or some v8 if you can't find an 86/87 drive train.

the engine you have isn't the same, basically our engines were made to handle the extra stress from the turbo. same goes for the tranny, and rear end.

good luck, and good job on getting a free car.

IF that car has only 70 thousand is it in good shape? If so sell it then buy a ttype will be muuuuuuuuch easyer;)

Rear axle (posi) - $ 650-800
Engine w/downpipe, tranny, crossmember, harness, sensors, ecm - $ 2k-3k
steering box(Turbo Buicks have fast ratio) - $ 50- 75
Driveshaft - $ 50 - 80

Radiator, hoses, tranny supply and return lines if the OEM tranny was not a 200 r4, a/c lines, new motor mounts and tranny mounts.

That is a ballpark could run acroos some better deals on some stuff and there is some small stuff I forgot.
I'm sure someone will chime in with variations.