Newbie with Questions..please help!

510King

Newbie here and I saw an 84 GN for sale. 57K miles and asking price is $8K. No serious mods are done to the car, but I know it has less HP/TQ rating, smaller turbo then 86-87 GNs and no IC.

My questions:
1- What can I do to make this baby run like 86-87 GN?
2- Is it worth $8K?

Thanks!

Originally posted by 510King
My questions:

Put an '86-87 motor in it. Or spend $2500, then wish you just put an '86-87 motor in it.

2- Is it worth $8K?

Thanks!

That depends....Is there $3500 in small bills in the trunk?

Answers:

1) easiest way is to put in an 86-87 engine
2) In mint shape it is worth half that at best

JMO, not trying to pick on Hotairs...

Newbie here and I saw an 84 GN for sale. 57K miles and asking price is $8K. No serious mods are done to the car, but I know it has less HP/TQ rating, smaller turbo then 86-87 GNs and no IC.

My questions:
2- Is it worth $8K?

Thanks!

1. You Can't

2. Is that a pink elephant flying through the air? Then No :)

Thanks for all the honest replies. I have not seen the car except in a crummy photo. But just thought I'd get advice from experts b4 I waste anyone's time. There's no way to upgrade the turbo, add an IC, a 3" downpipe etc?

Yeah there is, so your now running 13s. where with the money you spent you could be in the 11s in a real Turbo Buick and still be pretty stock. To run 11s in a hotair requires alot of mods and time working on the car.

Thanks for all the honest replies. I have not seen the car except in a crummy photo. But just thought I'd get advice from experts b4 I waste anyone's time. There's no way to upgrade the turbo, add an IC, a 3" downpipe etc?

Sure, that's the $2500 I was talking about. And by the time you are done you will have wished you just bought a $2000 motor out of a wrecked 86-87 GN and used it instead.

What?

No Hot air people care to comment?

It seems the only ones here with Hot air to share are the intercooled guys :)

Originally posted by UNGN

Sure, that's the $2500 I was talking about. And by the time you are done you will have wished you just bought a $2000 motor out of a wrecked 86-87 GN and used it instead.

What?

No Hot air people care to comment?

It seems the only ones here with Hot air to share are the intercooled guys :)

That's cause its tough to argue proven facts, besides deep down they know we are right...;) :D