You can type here any text you want

Newly painted Eyesore

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have another question.....sorry for all the questions. I have the engine out of my car so I'm looking for ways to make improvements while it's out. The oil return was one of them.

The other thing is the 'block' where the oil pressure switch goes. For some reason I have 2 brass blocks there, one is screwed into the other. It's a big leaky mess and put the oil pressure switch close enough to the header that it's all melted.

I see in SBD's picture that there is simply and elbow sticking out of the block. Do you hook up the oil pressure switch there or run a line to some other point where you hook up a switch and a gauge? I'm still using the stock switch (which I guess isn't totally necessary) and a gauge.

TIA,
Jim

I have another question.....sorry for all the questions. I have the engine out of my car so I'm looking for ways to make improvements while it's out. The oil return was one of them.

The other thing is the 'block' where the oil pressure switch goes. For some reason I have 2 brass blocks there, one is screwed into the other. It's a big leaky mess and put the oil pressure switch close enough to the header that it's all melted.

I see in SBD's picture that there is simply and elbow sticking out of the block. Do you hook up the oil pressure switch there or run a line to some other point where you hook up a switch and a gauge? I'm still using the stock switch (which I guess isn't totally necessary) and a gauge.

TIA,
Jim

Jim, I used a female "T" that is screwed into the brass elbow. I still use the factory oil pressure switch and the other end of "T" i use an electric sending unit for my gauge.

What is the plan with 4 oil cooler fittings ?

Lee I'm not sure about the factory adapter fittings yet, they were installed into the radiator. The adapter with the anodized fittings go to the oil filter relocator housing. I might go with another external cooler for the oil as well. Have any ideas??

Back