You can type here any text you want

Next logical upgrade?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

O.k. What should I do next? I have a Dequick intercooler 42lb injectors a power plate TA49 turbo a Walboro fuel pump 100lb valve springs Fresh trans 3400 stall precision industries torque converter stock exhaust except I have a different muffler. I do not want to remove the heads. The head gaskets are still stock. I have been running 110 octane Citgo fuel. Pretty soon I want to get Razors alky kit. What would be the best turbo for my setup? I also have a set of 57lb injectors which I have not installed yet. thank you

When you hit 118 MPH with the turbo you have.. then contemplate a larger turbo.

+1 on the scantool, chip, tuning, etc...

3400 converter.. wayyyyy to loose for anything you'll ever do with stock heads.

What do you have for tires?

What chip do youi have?

Have you considered an audible knock detector?

With Mototron injectors out there, I'd use them and keep the stock ECM.

:)

I have a scan master, and direct scan. My stall is actually 3200 not 3400. I'm just about to order the Mt drag radials. When I went to the track earlier this year my 3rd gear clutches were gone, and I had a 2800 stall converter. That is all fixed now. Plus since then I have also changed my valve springs. I have a turbotweak chip for 100 octane with a little less timing then usual.( When it was burned) I was having some knock issues. The blms are good, and under full throttle at around 25lbs of boost on my gauges my o2 is almost exactly at 780. I also have a power plate in there. I was just wondering if I should go to a little bigger throttle body or change my downpipe when they are available, or if there is anything else to maximize my combo right now. I'm definitely interested in the audible knock detector also. Thank you.

Sounds like you have a good combo. Get to the track and max it out on that combo. You have plenty of fuel so you are good there. I would think downpipe, turbo, and injectors would be your nexxt step. Thats a big step though.

Jason

The throttlebody isnt a hinderence. There is no gain at your level replacing it/modifying it. Intake air temps may be cuasing you an issue due to the stock IC.. but not many options on aftermarket front mounts.. or larger stock location units. Alky would bring the temps down as an option.

Then its the WOT tuning.. you need to see if the car picks up going to 760 or 800. This can be done by changing fueling parameters within the chip.

A cutout may also help with performance.. and racing with it open.

Not much else until the downpipe goes on.. and weather gets cooler.

Razor said:
The throttlebody isnt a hinderence. There is no gain at your level replacing it/modifying it. Intake air temps may be cuasing you an issue due to the stock IC.. but not many options on aftermarket front mounts.. or larger stock location units. Alky would bring the temps down as an option.

Then its the WOT tuning.. you need to see if the car picks up going to 760 or 800. This can be done by changing fueling parameters within the chip.

A cutout may also help with performance.. and racing with it open.

Not much else until the downpipe goes on.. and weather gets cooler.
I actually don't have a stock IC. It is a Tony Dequick. I guess it is the biggest one he could make to fit in the stock location. I'm ready to order Alky. I might be getting in touch with you shortly. I also would like to find out how to get my ats in the intake plenum. Isn't that the best spot? Thanks

Is it a better spot? All depends on what you want. Obviously if it is in the intake it will measure the air going into the motor better but you can learn to tune with it either way. Most guys that do that just put another bung in the uppipe and measure it there.

Jason

With a TA49 any idea about how many pounds of boost it will go up to efficiently? I'm going to the track soon to mess with it. I just like to hear a lot of opinions on everything possible. It's kind of hard to tune on the street. I'm sure you all know. I hope when I go I can get a lot of passes in. Sometimes it is so busy you can only get a few for a whole night. Thanks

With a FMIC I would turn it up to 25. Any higher and you will be blowing hot air.

Jason

Back