You can type here any text you want

Next to do

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Money well spent

• New lower control arms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Front bumber fillers ABS or Glass

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin U

ThIS IS A HOTAIR BUITH mY SELFSELF air aIL Money is tight, seem the best we could is hook up with Chrysler??? MBTech, I;m looking for a project to do before i get layed off.
I can box My lower Control arms myself, wHATIS THE BEST WAT TI DO THISOF course orgonsl onesSeem a tad squirly . Slowley relpace front end pieces. Tie rod ends link bar maybe ball joints (never done that Myself) Engine seem tough enough _See sig__. I 'm a tool & diemaker/cad designer. Noney is starting to be an Issue Open rear end, I still have to burn sume excess rubber off the old tires. The car rung like a B.OuY Of Hell strong as hell, 55lb inj. Stacge 2 trans TA-49 Girdled

How hard is it ti reolace springs on frint and rear,. Can I get the lower contril arms off no problema/ not s drag car but have losing. I did smoke a 6.lty GTO first time out it s peg leg by some msrgine. With a hot-air.
Alchy @5 boost no knock, Alum Gn! Girdle Bad tires. ECT. And some Ass8HOLEv took Out my front Passfiller at WOOD WARD. olD CARE LESS GAWKERS. sO i NEED A CHEEP FRONT DRIVERS FILLRE, ANYTHINK IS BETTER THANKS
Mart Urbanski
Comstock Park MI 49321
616-784-4546 :confused:

PS could zi get it tuned from somrone willing bti help;

Sorry!!! The wreck & drugs must have been doing what they do best. Today hurts, but at least I might be able to spell today. ( was trying very hard last night also) Never let your sister drive!!
Any way, I built a Hot air engine myself For my 84 GN. Money seems tight right now, and for sure in the future. My company seems to have latched onto MBTech/Autodie LLC. (offshoot of Chrlsler) I'm a tool & Diemaker/Cad designer.
I'm looking for a project for when I Get laid off. I'm thinking of boxing Lower control arms-rear seems squirly,
Front end parts,tie rods, ball joints centerlinks ect. I have never done this before. The car also has an open rear end. It runs like a Bat out of hell.. I built it tough, so I am not worried about breaking to many parts.
How hard is it to replace front & rear springs? A-arm bushings?
And some olg geezer took out my left Front bumper filler at WoodWard Dream cruise %&&&%$$ Some car guy. Any kind of filler is better than none, Got a spare laying around/

Long story short-What is my best bang for the buck
Mart Urbanski
Comstock Park MI 49321
616-784-4546

Boxing your control arms is a good cheap start. Might as well replace the bushings in them while they are out. Get MOOG replacements at the parts store. Grease them well before installing them on the car. Springs are easy to do, rears will basically fall out. If you want a good stance, get Moog 5413's for the rear and Moog 5658's for the front. If you want to replace the ball joints, tie rod ends, swaybar endlinks, this is a good time to do it. Get Moog parts, not the cheap ones. Moogs arent too bad of a price either but they are good quality. As far as a front filler, make a post in the parts wanted section.

Thanks for your time. How hard is it to do front springs,bushings, & ball Joints. That worries me some. Do you have a good link. I hate doing a half a** job.
Mart

Thanks for your time. How hard is it to do front springs,bushings, & ball Joints. That worries me some. Do you have a good link. I hate doing a half a** job.
Mart

Best way to remove the front springs is:

1. Take the weight off the front end, support the frame
2. Remove the tie rod ends from the spindles
3. Use a chain and wrap it throught the spring and around the frame so the spring doesnt come flying out. Borrow a spring compressor from the parts store.
4. Hammer the spindle loose from the upper and lower ball joints.
5. If the spring does not pop right out, you may need to compress the spring with the tool. Otherwsie just pull it out.
6. the ball joints are pressed into the control arms, you may want to just pull the arms out and bring them to a parts store. Have them pop out the ball jonts and the old bushings and install new ones. My be just as easy and wont cost much to have them do it.
7. Then re-instal the new arms and compress the new springs and put them into place. Make sure you clock them into the lower control arms properly and also make sure the rubber isolator on the upper perch is in correctly.
8. Install the spindle onto the new BJ's by lifting the lower control arm with a jack. Re-intall the tie rod ends, I would get new ones and change them out while you are at it. To do this, tape the threads at the end of the tie rods to mark where they are so you can instal the new ones into the same spot.
9. Once your spindle is attatched, remove the spring compressor.
10. Go get an alignment done!

The rear springs will literally fall out wth a little tug but you may need to remove your rear shocks from the rear end to allow it to drop a little more. The new springs if you go with 5413's will be shorter than the stockers and will slip right in. Just make sure they are seated properly onto the top perches and that te spring islolators are inplace as well.

With the 5658's in front and 5413's in the rear, the car is going to ride awesome! And the stance is awesome, not too low but not 4x4'd ether.

Back