You can type here any text you want

next upgrade??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

richburke03

87 gn. 9 k miles. Currently running everything stock except for scanmaster, rjc 3" downpipe test pipe and cross flow exhaust, 60 lb injectors, walbro 340, hotwire kit, afpr, boost and knock gauge, and running e85 on a tt chip.

What do you want to do with the car. If it were me, since it's such a low mileage car, I would only do simple mods that can easily be returned to stock. Not in the hopes of selling the car or value, but just because I appreciate the Grand National and would like to retain it in as original condition as possible.

My goal is to run a 12 second flat. I do want things that I can easily change the car back to stock.

Would a precesion slic or a cold air intake give me any advantage or is it just a waste of money with my current mods?

hello; With the modes you have done 12 sec. should be there. Anyway to cool things also should help. If it was me I'd stop where you are and work on suspension and let it be. Maybe an upgraded MAF setup would be a plus. A sticky tire should work too.
have fun
IBBY

My goal is to run a 12 second flat. I do want things that I can easily change the car back to stock.

Would a precesion slic or a cold air intake give me any advantage or is it just a waste of money with my current mods?

I'm essentially the same as you except for the downpipe. I just ran 12.87" after an E85 switcheroo and was able to pump 22PSI from the stock turbo with zero KR on the stock IC. CAI will help - my K&N is stuck on the end of my stock MAF and I have no plans to change that till the stock MAF dies. You say you want the ability to take it back to stock - just about anything can be done to the motor and still take it back to stock. If you put some ported iron heads on there you'd gain a bunch - you can always hold on to the stock heads & put 'em back on later if you want. If you don't do heads, you're gonna need a bigger turbo!

Back