You can type here any text you want

NIB oil filter magnet, anyone use/want one?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ssg Ken

NEODYMIUM CYLINDER MAGNETS can be put on an oil filter to trap ferrous metal inside filter. Anyone think a 22 year old engine sheds any metal? They are a few dollars.

No reloading

I saw an ad to get them wholesale. They are very cheap but you have to pay a $9.95 shipping/handling charge. They are on ebay for over ten dollars with shipping and also cheaper but you need to buy a lot and they are not stamped "oilpan" or whatever the brand is called. One guy even calls them "86-87 Buick GN", Chevy Corvette 63-67" as if there were special models,

They are about 90 cents by the hundred plus shipping. If there were a lot of interest, I thought we could place a bulk order.

I have been fishing and writing new websites. Here's a fishing site if anyone is interested. Work in progress.

Lake Martin Striper Guide Service

The website needs some color. Anyone want to sugest a background color for some of the panels (table bgcolor in html)

Nice site Ken. You might want to get hold of SGRIM and see if he wants to let you do a "club" buy and see where it goes. As far as the site you're right but I cant think of a specific color or back ground to use. You might be able to take a pic of the lake and use it.

Nice site Ken.

Thank you. I changed it and now it is sky blue and light yellow but it is worse. The panels (table data cells) are not what I wanted.

K & J MAgnets have neat stuff

They have these:

and more
K&J Magnetics - Products

Dimensions: 3/8" dia. x 3/8" thick
Tolerances: ±0.002" x ±0.002"
Material: NdFeB, Grade N42SH
Plating/Coating: Ni-Cu-Ni (Nickel)
Magnetization Direction: Axial (Poles on Flat Ends)
Weight: 0.180 oz. (5.09 g)
Pull Force: 9.20 lbs
Surface Field: 4985 Gauss
Brmax: 13,200 Gauss
BHmax: 42 MGOe

If you are looking for a powerful magnet to put in your oil pan or attach to an oil filter, this is the magnet you need. The D66SH cylinders are made with grade N42SH (SH = Super High Temperature) material. The SH material means that the magnets can be heated to 300° F without any loss of magnetic strength, unlike standard neodymium magnets that begin to lose strength at 175° F. Suitable for many high temperature applications.

D66SH: 1 for $1.25 10 for $11.50 25 for $27.00 50 for $50.00 100 for $96.00 250 for $232.50 500 for $430.00 1000 for $800.00 2500 for $1,875.00

Looks like it is 96 cents plus a share of shiping.

Back