Nice 2012 Buick

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
My wife has a '12 with the 3.6 V6 300hp runs good great road car. When I get her a new one I'll get this one put a tune on it upgrade the exhaust and air intake.

My wife has a '12 with the 3.6 V6 300hp runs good great road car. When I get her a new one I'll get this one put a tune on it upgrade the exhaust and air intake.
Sweet, They really are awesome cars. I already got the chance to road trip it through the hills and with the new tires it handles better than I thought. With my little 4 banger it doesn't have much power but is so smooth and super quiet.

I still don't know what I think of the Auto Stop feature. Car completely shuts down when you come to a stop and the electric motor starts it again once you let off the break. It takes getting used to driving that's for sure.

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
That's the hybrid not much you can do about that. Should get great mpg though lol

And as far as mine I can't leave anything alone always modding. From a 30 punch I think it would have outran my 01 GS when it was stock. Not now though . lol

That's the hybrid not much you can do about that. Should get great mpg though lol

And as far as mine I can't leave anything alone always modding. From a 30 punch I think it would have outran my 01 GS when it was stock. Not now though . lol
The milage is where I am having a issue... I think I should be getting better than the 25mpg if I'm lucky. Only thing I have done to the car so far is a factory drop in K&N (which I think made my MPG worse) also a K&N cabin filter and changed the whole car to LED lights. Interior and headlight fog lights... Weather Tech floor mats front and back. Mobil 1 oil change... That's it. Little over 60k miles.

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
You should be getting better than that? My wife averages 23mpg local and Hwy combined. She pumps 93 octane on a flex fuel vehicle. If you use E85 it will be a little less mpg. Strictly Hwy it gets 30mpg.

You should be getting better than that? My wife averages 23mpg local and Hwy combined. She pumps 93 octane on a flex fuel vehicle. If you use E85 it will be a little less mpg. Strictly Hwy it gets 30mpg.
No E85... It's not a flex fuel car... Straight 87... I surely shouldn't need to run 93 on this 4cyl??? Right

Probably not 87 should be fine. Surprised it's not flex fuel but maybe because it's a hybrid?
Prolly. IMO the hybrid system on this car is kinda pointless. It only offers a extra I believe 10hp via electric motor to "assist" the 4cyl. Only at specific times and in sync with the i believe 8 speed trans... Re-gen breaking charges the extra li-ion battery that takes up a bunch of the already small trunk space. If you are getting as much if not more gas milage via your 300hp motor I am kinda pissed...lol