Nice weather = Car theft on the rise

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
The car was almost stolen in about 10 min time.
The GF was at a tanning salon and, she always tells the lady at the front desk to keep an eye on the car for her.
About 10 min into her “bake” the lady knocked on the door ……….. TWO tow trucks at the car. (yes, read TWO!)
She runs out and already dialed 911 with her hand on the “send” button.

The tow truck driver told her he saw the car and “wanted to make sure it was not on the stolen list”
She told him to take a F***** hike and asked him to see the “stolen car list”. Of course, he did not have one and she called the company who “assured her” it would not happen again.

Thought I would share as this is getting out of hand.
These criminals driving tow trucks in Houston .... :mad: :mad: :mad:

id report them. to the BBB the ploice department and such, dont know if it would do any good, but i know it would make me feel a bit better.

You are going to turn this in to police for "harrassment", right? After all your g/f was pulled away from an appointment to go to the parking lot and secure your property.

Tow truck Drivers are thieves!! I see them all the time out here in cy-fair running lights, doing, 100 down 529, and since they lost zoning a couple years ago it has got even worse! When you see an accident there will be two cars and 50 tow trucks per car!!! Aaaaaarrrgggghhhh!!!! :mad:

repot it, it sounds like an attempted car theft to me, in doing so you might prevent some other poor gn owner the fate that almost awaited you.

Jerryl said:
The GF was at a tanning salon and, she always tells the lady at the front desk to keep an eye on the car for her.
About 10 min into her “bake” the lady knocked on the door ……….. TWO tow trucks at the car. (yes, read TWO!)
Take those to ladies out to dinner. You've been spared much grief!

Update

Got the gal at the front desk a nice gift ........ AND
The towing company has been reported. The result is that they are no longer part of the BBB.

In Houston, that means they are no longer on the "accident call list" and can no longer tow stranded motorist off the designated "tow away" highways.
Houston residents know what I am talking about here.
One less thief in business maybe ......... :confused: