You can type here any text you want

Nitrous before and after..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Made two runs tonite. Only difference was one run had a 35 wet shot, the other was non-nitrous.

Methanol was used for the wet portion. Runs were done on 93 octane.

Track was going south.. the drag radials were trying theyre best.. my brakes starting making a little noise after the second run.. so I called it a night. Both runs were shifted into OD to keep things the same, I should of held out a little longer.. but 6k while spraying.. I was chicken.

Pretty compelling.. The car really woke up... boost controller did its job.. this is the best 1/8 MPH i've had so far with the car, at a few lbs less boost. Runs were at 24-25 PSI. Launched at 3 PSI.

Stuff works.. now how greedy can I get :rolleyes:
Hope the timeslips speak.. I'll see if I can post up the datalogs.

Lemme get the slicks I should nail a 10.3'ish

Razor said:
Made two runs tonite. Only difference was one run had a 35 wet shot, the other was non-nitrous.

Methanol was used for the wet portion. Runs were done on 93 octane.

Track was going south.. the drag radials were trying theyre best.. my brakes starting making a little noise after the second run.. so I called it a night. Both runs were shifted into OD to keep things the same, I should of held out a little longer.. but 6k while spraying.. I was chicken.

Pretty compelling.. The car really woke up... boost controller did its job.. this is the best 1/8 MPH i've had so far with the car, at a few lbs less boost. Runs were at 24-25 PSI. Launched at 3 PSI.

Stuff works.. now how greedy can I get :rolleyes:
Hope the timeslips speak.. I'll see if I can post up the datalogs.

Lemme get the slicks I should nail a 10.3'ish

:eek: wow on a 35 shot :eek: now put a one in front of the "35" shot and were talking :D

congrats

ttypewe4jim said:
:eek: wow on a 35 shot :eek: now put a one in front of the "35" shot and were talking :D

congrats

Working on it :eek:

How much boost and nitrous can GM pistons take :wink:

Julio,

I wanted to reply to a previous post - but I can't find it now.

The post was asking for fastest times on pump gas.

109 block, 93 octane, I don't know which kit he has, tuned by Red - 8.67 @ 167mph.

Red's planning on bringing it to the nationals this year.

Roger

Roger said:
Julio,

I wanted to reply to a previous post - but I can't find it now.

The post was asking for fastest times on pump gas.

109 block, 93 octane, I don't know which kit he has, tuned by Red - 8.67 @ 167mph.

Red's planning on bringing it to the nationals this year.

Roger

Rojer thanks.. but... In what? A go-kart?

Dont know of any faster 109 than Bamford at a 9.2 at Reynolds, and it wasnt on pump gas.

We're talking in a semi-full weight Buick. To do so you'd be looking at 1400 HP.. no way on a 109.

Actually I beleive Gomes ran that time in his Buick at Reynolds, but it was a TA block with a HUGE turbo on drag radials. Needed an engine hoist to drop in the turbo.

Cant wait for BG.. ought to be lots of fun.

What rpm are you leaving with 3psi at?
Those are great 60 ft times for only 3psi. :eek:

35 shot sounds like nothing, yet you are gaining almost 4mph in the 1/8th. :eek:

Gotsta try me sum of dat stuff someday. ;)

The juice works good for me too... :cool:
I put together a kit from spare parts I had laying around. The chassis dyno showed a 102hp inprovement.

Last time I sprayed it at the track, with a basically stock combination and TE62, I went 12.25 @ 111 on the motor and 11.15 @ 121 on the juice.
60ft's were in the 2.0's without the spray, and 1.64 with it. That was leaving with ZERO boost and swatting it down from just off an idle.

Still running a bone stock unopened motor, 25psi on a TE62, and 100hp worth of nitrous... Boost only jumps 2psi when the nitrous turns on. The WG puck and port are HUGE in the exhaust housing.

Now if we could just talk Razor in to dumping a 100hp shot into his motor... :D

Sorry Razor
I did leave out the part about the extended cab s10 extreme.
740 hp & 780 fp at the wheels. dual turbos. street legal.
Shawn's father is the only GN owner I know around here who bought his new.

Yulloose,

Hey I am thinking about something similar to what you have, 75-100 hp shot.

Have a stock 87TT, TE44, exhaust, all the normal bolt ons. Want to wake it up but not push it to hard, something very conservative.

actuallly it it a gray car the same as yours in the pic.

Any Advise on your setup? I to have a plate kit hanging around here that I never used, can I modify that?

Dennis

yullose said:
The juice works good for me too... :cool:
I put together a kit from spare parts I had laying around. The chassis dyno showed a 102hp inprovement.

Last time I sprayed it at the track, with a basically stock combination and TE62, I went 12.25 @ 111 on the motor and 11.15 @ 121 on the juice.
60ft's were in the 2.0's without the spray, and 1.64 with it. That was leaving with ZERO boost and swatting it down from just off an idle.

Still running a bone stock unopened motor, 25psi on a TE62, and 100hp worth of nitrous... Boost only jumps 2psi when the nitrous turns on. The WG puck and port are HUGE in the exhaust housing.

Now if we could just talk Razor in to dumping a 100hp shot into his motor... :D

All I needed to buy was a fogger nozzle and two jets. (42 & 46)
I already had everything else, including the 1/16" pipe tap.
My system is capable of supplying as much as 350hp through a plate. It's way overkill, but just happens to be what I had laying around.

The only things you'll need are small fittings and whatever lines needed to connect to the fogger nozzle. I used -04/-03 braided lines instead of the hard lines. (The solenoids have -04 fittings, the fogger nozzle takes -03... same as the plate fitting)
NOS sells these braided lines in their Bigshot plate systems.
I used a -04/-04 braided line to connect the fuel solenoid to the fuel rail (schrader removed) and a -06 line to the trunk for the bottle. Most smaller plate kits only come with a -04 line, which is more than adequate for feeding one jet.

86buicknos.JPG

So Razor i see your playing with the Juice now are you i recall around two years ago when i was mentioning the stuff you seemed pretty Anti About it . 35 shot Come on ive INHALED bigger shots than that ( Yes my speed shop uses Medical ) :rolleyes: Last time i hit the Switch was on a 150 shot with 29 Psi , car launched pretty hard intil the Hit and the boost blew the intake hose off the Throttle body with a Blockbuster loud blast. Ill have to hit it on the new combo soon :wink:

I still am against it unless engine management is used. On a chip things can get hairy. More so with us fringe guys running big boost on pump gas. Nothing but 93 in my tank.. so as they told Kung Fu.. "Walk on the rice paper and dont leave a mark" :biggrin:

I just snapped a rod in mine from over-reving it.. due to the nitrous "hit" and blowing away the drag radials. :D

Razor i dont know how you have your N02 set up but i have on mine an MSD RPM swith turn on Nitrous , Hit gas 3000 RPM it comes on provided the T.B is At WOT ( micro switch ) and it will shut off @ 6000 RPM in case car over revs . Pills allow RPM changes .

galoush said:
Razor i dont know how you have your N02 set up but i have on mine an MSD RPM swith turn on Nitrous , Hit gas 3000 RPM it comes on provided the T.B is At WOT ( micro switch ) and it will shut off @ 6000 RPM in case car over revs . Pills allow RPM changes .

Ya know.. good point on shutting it down at 6k. I have mine activating off of TPS and 5K so the car can be planted.. but dont recall what RPM I had set for it to deactivate.

Guess this is how one learns ;)

Back