No 02 readings

TurboMike

whatever
Installed a FAST but my dashboard is showing no 02 readings (such as actual 02). Bad connection on the wb 02 connector(s)?

When you first power up your computer and it starts communicating, look in the upper left corner of the screen. There should be a symbol with "WB" next to it. I think this will indicate if the O2 function is turned on. I don't know if this will tell if the sensor is communicating but it is a starting point.

Originally posted by 55Belair
When you first power up your computer and it starts communicating, look in the upper left corner of the screen. There should be a symbol with "WB" next to it.

I am running the windows version (if it matters) and don't see it.

I rechecked my connections, and made sure "closed loop enable" is checked.

I am getting 0.00 on the 02 readings. HELP!

here is the file i am using

http://www.turbomike.com/barryGN.gct

With C-Com WP, the little lambda symbol will be in the lower right corner of screen in the status bar if the WB sensor is recognized. What is the UEGOR and the UEGOS values (from the main dash) when ignition on, engine off? In this mode (engine not running), can you fell the sensor getting hot?

ok, here's some dash readings

WB 02 0
UEGOR (V) 2.37
UEGO(V) 3.51

My Closed loop high is set at 1000rpm
Closed loop low is set at 700rpm
Cold delay 10
Hot delay 10
Gain 40
Max step 9
min temp 140
and enable closed loop is checked.

My problem is the "Actual AF" is showing zero.

HELP! Next friday is the last race of the season!

Mike,

Relax... We'll get it fixed. Whats your ecu serial number? You didn't mention if the lambda symbol is being displayed or if the sensor was heating. It would help to know this. Everything else looks fine.

Lance

another addition to the drama

I talked to FAST technical. They said it sounds like my box wasn't programed from the dealer and I need to reinstall the software. I did notice and gripe about the box not being programed with a "start up" program. The VE #'s were like 200 every cell and everything was way out of wack. I installed a program i had made for a previous install of FAST on another car and got it started. Does this sound like the problem? I've called PTE and left a message, no call back as of yet. Can they just email me the software i need?

lance,
We both posted at 5:09 and i didn't see your reply. No heater, No WB or Lambda symbol. When using CCOM dos two boxes are red. 1. the Actual A/F 2. UEGOS(v) is showing 1.02

I talked to Joe L. from PTE (thanks Joe) and checked the wiring from the 02 to the box, connections, etc, everything looks good. I also made sure the 02 numbers and box numbers match.
I'm leaning toward a bad WB 02. Possible? I'm going to contact PTE tomorrow about another 02.

The box serial number is 01662 1662

I'm betting your O2 sensor is fine. It appears that your ECU has somehow been reinitialized which effectively erases all of its non-volatile memory. This would explain the non-working O2 due to lack of a calibration, and the lack of a program in the ECU. This can be fixed remotely. Please email your ECU serial number to support@speedproefi.com

Lance

Originally posted by TurboMike
Problem found. They sent a LT1 box instead of a TR. grrrr!

Hi Mike,

Wonder if you can help me out with some information.

I find it pretty hard to believe that we sent a LT-1 box instead of a GN box since we sell GN boxes at probably 100 to 1.

Could you please give me the serial # of the box and the 02 #. We keep a Log specific to customer, date of sale etc,. We do not specifically have a Unit/system assigned to you.
Who is the owner/purchaser of the box & how long ago was it purchased.

I would like to have this info so we can figure out how an error of this type could happen, and see if there is something we can do to prevent this from happening again.

Joe Lubrant

I don't have it here, but will email all the information to you Joe. Do you want a copy of the bill of sale also?

Don't worry about it, everyone makes mistakes. I know I sure do.

Here ya Joe

Part # 30-122010

Serial # edit

Dealer #007

Batch #BB 389

Firmware B2B LT1 S

Option B2B WB

Date 9/27/00

Sold to Barry Calton last Nov (Engines been down since then)

This is not a big deal. I'm not sure what the problem is yet but we will figure it out and get it fixed ASAP. The part number appears correct but the firmware revision is not correct for that part number. This may be a mismarked label, the wrong ECU, or maybe it's nothing. The fact is that there is a problem and we'll fix it. At the very least, this ECU will be tested thoroughly and updated with the latest and greatest "stuff".

Mike, you may want to consider editing your post so that your ECU serial number is not available to the public.

Lance