You can type here any text you want

No more Lock-up. What size tires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

88GTAinRI

My TTA no longer has lock-up. I need to know what size tires I am going to need to have enough gear for the whole 1/4. I have never run the car. The previous owner had a best of 11.6 at 115. The best trap speed was 121. Would it be possible to still use the factory 16inch wheels and have a tire big enough? Any drag radials in the size I need? Thanks in advance.

user name - Postal- on this board has a th400 in his TTA.

I think he runs the same diameter tire/rim combo as he did with the 2004r... Anyway, he can lead you in the right direction.

Bo

I run a TH400 trans(no lockup)and 3.42 gears and I'm running 27x10.5x16 ET Streets though I have gone 120 on 26" tires(ET Streets)turning about 5850 rpm(on directscan)through the traps. I think a 26" or 27" tire should work well if you have the stock 3.27 gears.

HTH,
Steve

Hey, thanks guys. I do have the stock 3.27 rear. Do the TH400 and the 200-4R have the same final ratio in third gear? 1:1? Are the ET streets a radial or biased ply tire. If they have a DOT approval, how come they all warn against using them on the highway? Trap speeds are 120+ mph and highway speeds are 65 :confused: Will the 27x10.5x16 mount on the stock 16x8 wheel and fit in the fender?

They have a reduced tread depth.. and will suck in the water.

They may have DOT designation, but not a daily driver tire. Plu they'll puncture easily.. soft tires always do.

What trap speed are you trying to get? For 120mph.. no problem.

For the stock sized Nittos, I needed lock up to get to 121. If not locked up, would 27" be enough? Its a low revving engine(5250).

Back