You can type here any text you want

No O2 correction??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Warp6

Mine since '92
Car was running like a champ 3 weeks ago. I parked it after driving it around. I decided to install my alky kit the following weekend. Got the alky installed and everything all buttoned up. So I decided it was time to start the car. It poured black smoke and idled very erratically. It sounded really mean at idle but would not clear up by applying throttle. It actually got worse. I checked the plug wires and they didn't look too good, so I bought new ones - (thanks Russ!)(also Installed fresh plugs - old ones were BLACK!) Still ran like crap. Hooked up the laptop and saw O2 reading around 10.00 with 0 (zero) O2 correction. I have the Lambda and WB showing onscreen. Correction limits are okay (no zeros). Unplugged the O2 and checked the heating element - glows real nice, although it's now black and sooty. While unplugged I confirmed the following:
Eugo Target 3.51 my actual 3.53 Eugor Target 4.98 my actual 4.98 Eugos Target 1.02 my actual 1.04.
I tried reinstalling the program. No change. Tried another program, no change.
Why don't I have O2 correction??? Car is running TERRIBLE - 911!!! HELP!!

I have data logs in case anyone is interested. thank, Craig

Does the ...

alky controller use the map sensor that the engine runs from??

Not sure. But , since that's the only addition to your system, it would be a good idea to unhook the alky, and see if the problem is cured.

I tried unhooking it. I noticed no change in the way the car ran. I didn't check it with my laptop.

craig email me your datalog fromt his event.

One thing you might want to check is what the MAP kpa readings are at when the engine is idling.

Kpa with a moderate cam should be around 45-60 kpa if it's higher than that you must be having a vac leak.

Also where are you getting the power for the 3 bar map sensor that runs the B2B box

if it was me i would install the another 3 bar map sensor just for the alky system

pin a 5-volts pin b- output to ecm pin c ground

HTH

call if ya need some help

736-1165

Power for the MAP comes from TPS
I disconnected the battery, disconnected the ECM lead under the hood and unplugged the ECM connectors and checked all the pins. They look good. Hoping for a reset with this. Put everything back together. Now it won't start at all. Tries, but acts like spark plug wires on wrong...they're not. I'm officially lost.

I'm at work now - it just occured to me. I had an Extender Extreme chip in the car. There was a wire that went from the factory ecu harness that tied in to the parking lights. This gained access to BLM cells in Directscan. That wire is still connected. I totally forgot about it. Could that be an issue?? The thing is, the car was running fine when I parked it.

craig

The datalogs that you sent me showed that the map sensor was reading 1.2 psi and when the ve# changed and the tps changed the map sensor reading never changed at all.

need to recheck the map sensor wiring.

Yes you do need to remove that wire that was used on the extender chip.

Also what kind of harness does the car have? mine uses the speedpro harness that precision built.

It might also be that the files has gotten corrupted. i can send you one of my run files. you will just need to make a few changes on it to see if the car acts better.

i have the 55's and a 3 bar map.

aargh!

craig

The datalogs that you sent me showed that the map sensor was reading 1.2 psi and when the ve# changed and the tps changed the map sensor reading never changed at all.

need to recheck the map sensor wiring. I'm going to try unhooking it ..again! I just tried to start it and noticed the map values moving while it was turning over

Yes you do need to remove that wire that was used on the extender chip. I don't know what pin it hooked up with in the Fast Track box, but it was an open slot in the factory harness. I took it out and it made no difference.

Also what kind of harness does the car have? mine uses the speedpro harness that precision built.Fast Track

It might also be that the files has gotten corrupted. i can send you one of my run files. you will just need to make a few changes on it to see if the car acts better. Pat thanks, but I've tried 4 diffrent programs and none made any difference whatsoever

i have the 55's and a 3 bar map I have 83's and a 3 bar
Back under the car!

My FAST installation reads:
Locate ORG MAP sensor connector. With a DVOM check that reference polarity of cavity C is postive with respect to cavity A with IGN KEY ON. If not so, reverse wire to cavity A and C

I have 5V on cavity C and ground on cavity A

well if ya need another set of eyes to take a look. i can bring SloGN over and swap out the map sensor to see if there is a problem with the 3 bar map sensor itself.

Also do you have 5 volts on the tps?

MAP sensor went Elvis. No voltage increase with pressure to the vac. port. Grabbed a new 3 bar sensor now she runs great. Thanks to everyone for helping me with this one.

Back