No oil pressure?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Quick question, I just installed my RJC biggie oil filter kit. And while I never checked before, I looked inside the oil filler tube while I started the car. Now I know on my old v8, oil was splashing around in there, but I see no oil splashing around inside there, Are these lubricated another way?? I want to know before I start her again. By the way, the oil light works but was not on. Anyone?

Scott:confused:

The first thing to do is to pull the motor and check all the bearings. If they're ok then you can reinstall the motor and hook up an oil pressure guage. :)

sometimes it takes a while for the oil to get to the rockers, buicks dont oil like chevys. i would unhook the injector harness then loosen the oil filter a little, then crank the engine and look for oil. easiest way i know to check. pat

Seriously, mine never had much splash at all when I pulled the breather off. I even drove the car once with no breather on accident and almost no oil splashed out onto the valvecover.

If it aint tapping, the lifters are full. I'd bet you're OK, but you might wanna throw a gauge on there to make 100% certain

It took about a minute for me to see ANY new oil on the GN when I put in the valve springs and fired it up without the rocker cover on it. :eek:

Freaked me out but no noise and no problems that I can tell. don't have a pressure gauge on that car yet.

My Buick V8 actually had worse upper oiling problems, I had to modify the drivers side of the rocker shaft to get oil up there. Then again it had 150K very hard miles and 4 psi. of oil pressure until it seized up on me.

Try to find someone near you that knows buick engines to help you trouble shoot prolems. There isn't any problem or the engine would be making plenty of noise.