You can type here any text you want

No respect

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well one good thing happened last weekend, leaving the car show a 70 Boss 429 Mustang got a little ancy from a roll and went down twice after being given the move :D. I was feeling generous.. Granted I feel like a bully now for whipping on him. :D

So sometimes unknowns work in our favor. I bet tonite at the show that guys gonna come and look for the car ;)

Originally posted by Razor
Well one good thing happened last weekend, leaving the car show a 70 Boss 429 Mustang got a little ancy from a roll and went down twice after being given the move :D. I was feeling generous.. Granted I feel like a bully now for whipping on him. :D

So sometimes unknowns work in our favor. I bet tonite at the show that guys gonna come and look for the car ;)

oh ya your a hero !!!:eek: picking on a 14 sec car !!! :p

hey

Thats what makes it neat. The true car guys know what we have.

Ty

I find it hard to even get a race in with the TTA because people think it is a regular slow GTA. But, I take the Buick out and I can get a Mustang in no time at all.

I actually got in an argument with a guy at the parts store that swore there was never a V6 option in a Trans Am. I had to literally take him outside and show him, and he still said I threw a turbo kit on. This certain parts store didnt even have Vin-7 listed in the computer!

Thats true... Here in Sweden you get attention to a TTA, but I guess its because Trans Ams are pretty uncommon here anyway.
But thats nothing to a Supra or Impreza or Evo or something... they are ricer cars and get alot of crowd around them on track races!

I raced a 93 LT1 Trans Am once, and he got pissed of, he said he use to take 350 Corvettes and GTA:s all the time... Its not even a V8 I said its just a V6... You should see him then lol. Damn, I must mod my car was his reply.

Daniel

Yep, the GN always gets noticed, the TTA has been noticed exactly 3 times since I've owned it for 4 years:
1) Once at the parts store, some guy walks up, and says "That has a Turbo"..me "yes" ..him "Is it a V8"...me "No its a V6"..and he walks off uninterested.
2) At the race track after I whip up on a few open exhaust load Mustang GTs with my quiet full exhaust TTA...several people come over wanting to know what the car is and that I was very silent going down the track but was beating everything I raced :)
3) The only time someone actually knew what it was...a guy in a city maintenance truck followed me for a few blocks and when I pulled into my office parking lot, he pulled in a got out to admire and talk about how he always wanted one and this was the first one he had seen in person.
If you really want to get noticed, get a 2nd gen TA with a Bird on the hood...I've had 2, and every time you stop to get gas..plan on being there a while cause everybody and their mothers come over to look at it and tell you how they knew so and so in high school that had one.

i own a 2nd gen turbo trans am and the TTA. Since the colour of the 2nd gen is original silver, it doesnt get much attention.

But a lot of the f-body drivers here in austria (also in germany) know the mighty Turbo Trans Am. It's almost like a GM-Shrine, the holy Grail! really!

And i like it, getting respect just for the appearence with the TTA.

matt

I have good luck with both cars.My TTA was well known it was a high 10 car with no exhaust on it so they could here it a mile away.IT was real hard to get a race with it.Same thing with my GN no exhaust and a cage.:D

I bought a ATR 3" S/S for the TTA and it was too quiet,so I took it of and never replaced it.I even drove all the way to spring break in Daytona Beach 2 times.The only problem was I meleted the carpet on the pass. side floor and the hotwire kit to my fuel pump needed re-routed.I think I put 30,000 of open pipe before I sold it.The new owner is running it open pipe still.The GN I bought a ATR 3" single system and I did not care for the sound so i took it off.the only problem I had was DUI check point's,I know 90% of the cops.The main question I get is "where exactly does your exhaust exit the vehicle??":D :D

I almost forgot.I have VHS tape of my TTA at the track getting kicked off for running a 11.00 and no cage.I will get it converted and get you a copy.Scott

Back