No Sh!t, There I Was...

Underboost

Mr. Dull
Minding my own business at a signal in my White Chevy Silverado 5.3 going to the grocery store when I look ahead and see this GN turn right onto "Portola" the street I'm on and heading in the same direction I am. I said to myself, is that...... "The Chicken!?!?!!" I took off from my green and caught up to him at the next signal. As he's sitting like a dead duck..cough..I mean Chicken at the red. I pull up alongside and see his vanity plate and said OH IT'S HIM!!!! This is going to be Great!! I hope I'm in the Kill Section!! As he's sitting there painting his talons, I power braked it a little to get his attention, basically saying I mean business LOL He had no clue who I was because of the tint on my windows. :p It was night time and we had no traffic in front of us until the next light, which was very, very near. I lunged my truck forward.. lets get it on!! As we are both sitting and waiting for the signal to turn green I see an egg drop from his drivers side window. I was like, what on earth was...never mind that I need to watch this light. I'm watching the other signal to hole-shot him once ours turns green. I'm waiting and waiting and waiting..come-ON LIGHT! ...I stand on it right as our light turns green, chirp the tires a little bit and pulled on him by one ext cab truck length, all I see in the passenger side rear view mirror was feathers and tire smoke and heard tire screeching.... :D He couldn't get that thing to hook up for the life of him it was all over the place. I was laughing my ass off as he shot right past me like I was in park at the 70' mark. That car is fast! I flashed my high beams at him saying thanks and that was it. He still has no clue it was me until he reads this. :D

My Name is Brent aka Underboost and I've been beat by Mean Chicken...."In My Truck" :p

So the saying is true... Mean Chicken WILL RACE ANYTHING!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL ! how cool was that. I think the rooster needs to detune for the street if a silverado with a 175,000 can hole shot him.

LOL!!!! That was you?
I was snickering to myself...."Is this truck drivin' chucklehead staging on his footbrake really gonna try....OK...I'll give him the jump and nail it....he just wants a show."

LOL ! how cool was that. I think the rooster needs to detune for the street if a silverado with a 175,000 can hole shot him.

Papa Lou....I gave him a mercy lead....I do this to most of my victims cuz it's so fun to take them from happy to heart broke as I blow past them.
I rolled in slow and didn't even hit the throttle hard until I was most of the way across the intersection....he was already up by over a length by then....
It kicked sidways pretty good as I feathered the peddle (it's a chicken thing) and then got back on it again...went around him with the tires howling and completely tore his doors off....
You would have been proud....
;)

Brent I hang loosed ya out the window as you moved over for your left turn at the next light.
First I thought you were a buddy of mine who drives around in a chevy turbo diesel with a Banks system on it...but yours aint a diesel and didn't have the Banks emblems like his does.

...and yes....don't matter what it is...if it wants it....it gets it...:cool:

LOL!!!! That was you?
I was snickering to myself...."Is this truck drivin' chucklehead stain on his footbrake really gonna try....OK...I'll give him the jump and nail it....he just wants a show."

LOL!!! YUUUP I just wanted to ruffle your feathers :D

Papa Lou....I gave him a mercy lead....I do this to most of my victims cuz it's so fun to take them from happy to heart broke as I blow past them.
I rolled in slow and didn't even hit the throttle hard until I was most of the way across the intersection....he was already up by over a length by then....
It kicked sidways pretty good as I feathered the peddle (it's a chicken thing) and then got back on it again...went around him with the tires howling and completely tore his doors off....
You would have been proud....
;)

Brent I hang loosed ya out the window as you moved over for your left turn at the next light.
First I thought you were a buddy of mine who drives around in a chevy turbo diesel with a Banks system on it...but you're aint a diesel and didn't have the banks emblems like his does.

...and yes....don't matter what it is...if it wants it....it gets it...:cool:

Chicken, I imagine that flat spot on your rear tire should be pretty much gone by now. I'm glad you sawed of that heretic heathen underboost :)

Had nearly an identical encounter with a silver 02-04 Mustang GT last night....he was barely more challenging than your truck, Brent.;)
He was acting and feeling all snotty untill I spool'd her up and buzzed past him like he had a boat anchor attached to his bumper.

After that he just kept a safe and cautious distance...scary monsters....;)

B
Had nearly an identical encounter with a silver 02-04 Mustang GT last night....he was barely more challenging than your truck, Brent.;)
He was acting and feeling all snotty untill I spool'd her up and buzzed past him like he had a boat anchor attached to his bumper.

After that he just kept a safe and cautious distance...scary monsters....;)

Believe it or not.. I have never lost, well... racing the new Silverado Diesels and or Gasser's and I really don't get it, my buddy's older Dodge HEMI.... spank!
All that's done is a K&N replacement filter, Flow-master Cat Back and I maintain the crap out of it. I was thinking of putting an STS kit on it. :p
But that would be a waste of money. :(

Just getcha a boost gauge, a BOV, some PVC pipe, a couple spare turbo's and
Dscn0444.jpg
Dscn0445.jpg
Dscn0447.jpg
some duct tape.... like this guy did....

Found it in the staging lanes at Pinks All Out in Bakersfield a couple years back.
I was hoping it'd get lined up with Donny Wang.

The crowd was pulling for him...literally...he never got it down the track so it had to be towed and pushed here and there.

He'd get it refired and come back around....try to launch it again....out come the crew and tow truck to get it out of the way again....

The cage and harness tell the story tho....
Dude obviously had high hopes for it breaking the lights at 11.49 or better....