You can type here any text you want

No start after MAftPro Install.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

anadaron

I just installed a MaftPro, 60lb injectors and an extender pro chip in my car. I also have a LC-1 Wideband and am bybassing the stock O2 sensor

Everything is working cam sensor is sending signal, crank sensor is sending a signal. The coil checks ok on the ohms meter, the ignition control module checks good on the wells tester at autozone.

We are not getting any spark whatsoever. What could be causing this no spark issue? Could it be the maftpro??

I am really lost so any help is apprecited thanks!

Does your chip have anti-theft? And if so, is it disabled. The procedure is in the extender chip manual if needed.

The MAFT Pro doesn't affect timing directly, but through the chip. So the chip itself has timing control and should start as long as the cam and crank signals are good and within their windows of operation.

What method did you use to hook up the TPro? cut/splice, or did you use a plug-n-play adapter? Occasionally such issues can be traced to the crimp splices either on a wrong wire, or the wire that pro harness connectors being crimped over insulation giving a "not connected" issue.

Did you unplug the ECM while doing the chip change? if so, did you plug it back in?? Have to ask.

BTW, Full Throttle also has a tech forum for all their stuff:
Full Throttle Speed Tech Support - Powered by vBulletin

Used the caspers eletronics harness. Plugged everything back in I will check the ECM fuse again, but the maftpro powers up just fine and it gets its power through the ECM.

I asked mike to disable anti-theft in the chip.Is there a wrong way to put in the chip. I put it in just like my other one came out but who knows.

Used the caspers eletronics harness. Plugged everything back in I will check the ECM fuse again, but the maftpro powers up just fine and it gets its power through the ECM.

I asked mike to disable anti-theft in the chip.Is there a wrong way to put in the chip. I put it in just like my other one came out but who knows.

Are you getting readings on the MAFT Pro OK ? Even with the car not running things like MAP should show up on it. And maybe the TPS will toggle as well.

That will help ensure that your connections are sound and the ECM is sane.

Just in case they missed disabling the anti-theft, just for fun do the procedure and see if it starts.

Also if the chip was in it's carrier, then there is no wrong way to put it in as it will only go in one way.

I will try the procedure to turn off antitheft. Now we tested the main power lead to the ignition control module with the key in the on position it is the Pink/blk wire we got power there. But still no spark. Is there another wire to check while cranking the car to insure we are getting a signal to fire the coil pack?

This article is actually about converting the 84/85 to 86/87 but it does have the pinout definitions for the coilpack/module connector:

Ignition Module Swap

Use that to identify the signals and if you can probe for Cam and Crank signals to at least be present.

You really should be using someting like an oscilloscope, but maybe a volt meter will at least show that it is doing something.

If those signals are present, then the only thing left is the module.

I will try the procedure to turn off antitheft. Now we tested the main power lead to the ignition control module with the key in the on position it is the Pink/blk wire we got power there. But still no spark. Is there another wire to check while cranking the car to insure we are getting a signal to fire the coil pack?

What about the orange ECM power wire near the ECM?
With the TPro on, select Sensor Monitor and go through some readings to see if the ECM is even seeing them, like TPS and MAP(assuming you have one hooked up) and MAT.

Ok well we figured it out. IT was pin M on the ignition control module wasn;t getting any power we traced the wire and found no breaks in it. But right near the firewall the wire had power so we cut the old wire out put a new one in and wallah it fires right up.

Gland to hear you got it.

I didn't think the TPro could have had the capability to cut everything off like that, after all it's a piggyback system (albeit a GREAT one). Any no start issues had to be related to the stock ecm, or wiring somehow associated with it and it's fuel/ignition controls.

Back