No start and no spark

dav770431

Tyler
I just put together my new motor and there is no spark in cylinder #1 i haven't checked the other cylinders but the car wont start so im assuming there is no spark in the rest of the cylinders. Is it my coil pack? Any suggestions?

Probably put the crank sensor in the wrong grove? :) check it, if you installed the cam sensor wrong it would have spark just at the wrong time.
Dan

Its a new short block so the crank sensor has never been touched but the cam sensor has not been timed

Probably put the crank sensor in the wrong grove? :) check it, if you installed the cam sensor wrong it would have spark just at the wrong time.
Dan

I agree, double check how the crank sensor is set. It can look perfect but be in the wrong position. This happened to me a few weeks ago when mine broke. Swapped a new one in and it didn't fire. After swapping over a buddies coil pack to rule that out, we realized it was one slot off. Worth a check!

The first and easiest thing to do is check and see if you have a "Service Engine" light on the dash when the ignition is on, and then check the wiring harness connectors and fuses. :)