You can type here any text you want

No Start Condition....HELP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AntMan

BGN 85 Convert to 87 Engine: Car was running 5 days ago, but now has developed a no start condition. If I crank it for the 1st time after sitting overnight, it starts and runs for maybe 1 to 2 seconds, thereafter it cranks and won't catch (or start) again until I let it sit for one to two hours......any IDEAS?????

I have a question for you do you have a scanmaster and if so what is your TPS reading?? Im having a similar problem?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sounds like a crank sensor issue or weak fuel pressure. No engine codes right?

I have a question for you do you have a scanmaster and if so what is your TPS reading?? Im having a similar problem?

shoot for .42 to .46 for your idle tps setting and at least 4.20 wot.

set the TPS to .42 and WOT is 4.81........Crank Angle Sensor is new and I have an Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator which I did set to OEM Spec. (car is completely stock) can recheck again.
Just prior to the engine stalling out 5 days ago (Never to start again) the amber SES light had turned OFF, unable to check the codes as my connector is acting flaky.

Ok then I must have a different issue because I get tps 0.0 on the scanmaster and car does fire up for about 2 to 3 seconds before it dies out but will not stay running.

Codes will help isolate the problem. The crank and cam sensor are the two biggest culprits when it comes to no start issues. Your wot tps is a little high and in the area of setting off a tps high 21 code. Invest in a scanmaster even if your car is stock!

Ok then I must have a different issue because I get tps 0.0 on the scanmaster and car does fire up for about 2 to 3 seconds before it dies out but will not stay running.

Is the TPS plugged in?

Yes all plugged in not trying to hijack antmans thread but thought we were sharing the same issue. I got everything plugged in as should be got 0 volts coming out of the abc harness to the TPS and got 0 volts coming from back of main harness where it connects to the ECM.

Yes all plugged in not trying to hijack antmans thread but thought we were sharing the same issue. I got everything plugged in as should be got 0 volts coming out of the abc harness to the TPS and got 0 volts coming from back of main harness where it connects to the ECM.

Try moving the throttle forward while watching the lever on the throttle body that moves the tps lever. It should go forward as you apply gas and return as you let off.

ran the trouble codes: 12 (No distributor reference pulse) and 54 (No EGR Signal) not running an EGR solenoid. Also, re-set the Crank Angle Sensor (Dual Trigger) so the inside trigger slot is now being utilized, was set using the outside slot. Still, the car will not fire, any more suggestions?

ran the trouble codes: 12 (No distributor reference pulse) and 54 (No EGR Signal) not running an EGR solenoid. Also, re-set the Crank Angle Sensor (Dual Trigger) so the inside trigger slot is now being utilized, was set using the outside slot. Still, the car will not fire, any more suggestions?
Do you have a 87 ecm in the car? I have 12 as normal no crank pulses with engine off. 54 is not listed but I have 32 as EGR solenoid? Is the EGR solenoid plugged in to the harness? The correct slot is closest the crank sensor connector (closest to the engine). Has the cam sensor been jacked with?

If "Crank Angle Sensor" is the cam sensor, and you are getting a cam sensor code
It may be related to the the cam sensor ..

I was told the ECM is from an 87......no EGR solenoid, nothing plugged in............need to change the slot back damn it! The CAM sensor is OEM, I have had it out and rotated it every which way, even set using the proper procedure, by jacked with do you mean any modifications?

Some chips use the EGR function some do not not. However probably best just to leave it plugged in to avoid the annoying engine light either way. If you can get the part # of the ECM I can cross reference it to the year. The cam sensor is a bit tricky to figure out since it is tied to the ignition module and ESC knock module. Caspers makes a great tool to let it run in limp mode (cam fix) if it is the cam sensor itself. I would recommend taking it to a good mechanic or if you have a close TR buddy that you can swap parts out with. Hard for me to pinpoint exactly what the problem is from here w/o hands on it.

Took a pic, bad label shows serv. no. 1227??8. See photo below

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
SuperSix, thanks for the link, have setup the cam using similar directions also found on the Turbo Regal Website.

........ it starts and runs for maybe 1 to 2 seconds, thereafter it cranks and won't catch (or start) again until I let it sit for one to two hours......any IDEAS?????
Chip with anti theft in the car?

Back