You can type here any text you want

No Start Condition....HELP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
@Shawn, I set the Fuel Pressure to the factory specs 34-40 psi @ idle (with vac hose removed) should I raise it to 50lbs?
Also, what is PTE SLIC????
No your good on pressure most TR's at 43 static psi. A little tweaking may provide better results but you will need a scanmaster or other scan tool to see the o2 readings to make precise adjustments. Precision Turbo and Engine stock location intercooler. Huge intercooler good for up to 800hp. Get a Turbo Tweak 5.7 chip burned for 50lb injectors to make the most of those bolt-ons.

@Shawn, I set the Fuel Pressure to the factory specs 34-40 psi @ idle (with vac hose removed) should I raise it to 50lbs?
Also, what is PTE SLIC????

Those injs are flowed at 3 bar, not "about" 34-40psi. [That range was seen w/ the stock, non adjustable reg.] The engine will start at the setting you now have, but won't be where it should be. Once you get it running, set the reg to 43psi, [or what the chip supplier tells you to use], vac line off, and plugged.

will do Chuck, need to get the engine running, today plugged in a re-man ECM still no change (Unable to Start). Been hammering this issue for 2+ Months.....arrgggg

What does not make sense is the car starting with a 85 ecm but won't turn over with the 87 ecm. Did you reuse the chip or cal-pac from the old ecm in the reman ecm? Could be the chip is the problem here.

yes, I had to re-use the OEM stock chip and cal-pac from the 87 ECM........I'm going to be ordering a chip from TT shortly. Since I don't know exactly what the Hell I have, any ideas on how-to properly identify the injectors?

Those injectors could be 38lb models. I was not aware of them until now. Best to get any part numbers off them before calling Eric at TT. My part numbers on are 17113738 for the 51lb ones.

using nothing less than a magnifying glass to read Part #'s on the Fuel Injector 17103146 (6920) which is a Rochester/GM 21.2 lbs./hr 3 BAR - rated @ 43.5 PSI......I'm guessing these are stock???????

using nothing less than a magnifying glass to read Part #'s on the Fuel Injector 17103146 (6920) which is a Rochester/GM 21.2 lbs./hr 3 BAR - rated @ 43.5 PSI......I'm guessing these are stock???????

Those are stockers out of a non supercharged Regal 3800.
Stock # for the TR is a Bosch pt # 0280150218 28pph at 3 bar.

slowing peeling this onion......this engine was from an wrecked 87 BGN that sat in a junk yard.....that being said this Junk Yard Dog was resurrected with parts clearly from a Hodge podge of other parts taken off GM vehicles: HELL if they fit then it should work right?

NOT!!!!!

slowing peeling this onion......this engine was from an wrecked 87 BGN that sat in a junk yard.....that being said this Junk Yard Dog was resurrected with parts clearly from a Hodge podge of other parts taken off GM vehicles: HELL if they fit then it should work right?

NOT!!!!!

That's the Johnny Cash syndrome...When you went to put it together, all the holes were missing....

I would go with 42.5lb blue stripes with the current bolt ons that are on that engine. Eric at TT has combo injectors/chip for fairly cheap. I had no idea that was a junkyard dog and that explains a few things. Get ready to open the wallet to make shit right;)!

ohhh believe me numerous parts have been replaced with quality pieces, and the money spent in the stratosphere!!!

Ah I see you have bought the female version of the Turbo Regal who needs constant attention and gifts.

Back