You can type here any text you want

noises

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ddv1126

My Gn makes alot of squeeking noises in the rear when going over bumps. Is this the bushings, springs, or something specific. I can walk to the back and push down and I hear the squeeking noise. Im new to the gn world thanks.

Sounds like you have some bushing issues to me. Support the rear axle on some jack stands, get under it, and have someone else bounce on it so you can find the noise.

well i crawled under there and its hard to pinpoint it. I have an 87 toyota pickup that squeeks like this because the bushings. So im thinking its the same thing. Is swapping the rear bushings on my GN a ridiculous task?

For the time its going to take to pull the arms and replace bushings I would just buy some new tubular or boxed arms that have grease fittings. I went with UMI performance. Are the bushings stock? Because I had some energy suspension and they squeaked bad. If you do replace the arms or bushings make sure car is on the ground or suspension is loaded before tightening everything up. good luck

The arms are definately stock. I think you are right about replacing the arms. That will probably make the workload easier. I will check out UMI, any other recommendations? Im on a budget.

I think Im gonna go with UMI. Price is reasonable. I had energy suspension on my toyota pickup. They made alot of squeek noise.

Back