NON-intercooled to intercooled

X-Breed

What do I have to do? Where can I find the converstion? How much does it cost? Is there a way around it? Can I custom do it or no? Any help is greatly needed.

Jeff

I have a stock intercooler, inter cooler fan, stock plenum, pipe from the ic to the plenium, i could sell you if you would like. dont have a down pipe for ya. you have to get a cross over pipe and new exhaust setup and there is alsow a bunch of other stuff that you have to do. By adding cooler air you can add more boost which means more fuel and you will need to change out your chip in your computer. Its quite a bit of work. I think that you would be better off getting a diffrent car that already has an intercooler in it.

Spearco makes an intercooler kit for the hot air cars, it is a pain to install, to swap over a factory system is an even more labor intensive task, to the point you would just about need a whole parts car handy, not to mention the hole you would have to add for the turbo drain tube. It CAN be done, it has been done by many here, but it is not a job for the faint of heart.

You should do a search on intercooler conversions for hot airs. There are a lot of us guys running a hot air with intercoolers. Post in the Hot Air section to if you would like, lot of guys will give ya advice. The spearco setup is a nice setup and takes around a day to do. There is also a new intake/intercooler in the works for the hot air guys......check out the hot air section for that. You can also look at my pics for some ideas.......I have had the spearco intercooler at one time and now I am running the V2.

Nick:cool: