NON-synthetic oils. Which is best?

325DR

I know that eveyone has their opinion on oils. I just wanted to know which NON synthetic oils are the best out there. I would assume Penzoil, Castrol, and Valvoline are among the best? Any input would be appreciated. I want to start this motor off on the right oil and stick with the same oil, but need to decide which to use. Thanks guys.

My $.02 worth on this matter is. If you pick a top name brand I don't think you can go wrong. As long as you change your oil every 3000 miles or so any of the name brands will work fine for you.

Catch what you can on sale and save some money. Yeah I know some people will say that you should pick one oil brand and stick with it and not switch between brands. But I've never seen where this has held up. Like I said just my $.02 worth.

Penn., Valvoline and 3K changes work for me. :)

10/30 winter or 10/40 in the summer.

Hey Brad, don't give me anything but KENDALL. Over 30 years and runnin' strong. Blew off some C5 last nite. Bet he was running synthetic. :rolleyes:

Not this again...;)

I'm sure there are many different brands that work well. Some guys just prefer one type over the other...like myself.:)

It's a proven fact that synthetic oil doesn't break down nearly as fast as conventional oil does. I guess John doesn't feel the same way.:D As long as you change it on a regular basis, I think you'll be fine. Just my o2.

Re: Not this again...;)

Originally posted by Carolinaturbot6
It's a proven fact that synthetic oil doesn't break down nearly as fast as conventional oil does.

Look at the topic here. NON Synthetic oils, I'm all for synthetic oil in a turbo engine but synthetic oil isn't the question with this topic.

Valvoline racing oil, i've seen it used in Turbo v6s making over 1000hp(S2 opel, and duttweiler racing). Its not expensive either, $2.00-2.50 a quart. Vavoline makes it in straight weights(30,40 etc.) and multiviscousity. 20/50 seems to be common off the self weight. I broke my engine in with conventional 10/30, then switched to 20/50 racing.

dont know about a best but i use valvoline in my motors and when i go in then and inspect things bearings and cyl. walls all look great.

im using regular 10-30

Re: Re: Not this again...;)

Originally posted by Drthv8r

Look at the topic here. NON Synthetic oils, I'm all for synthetic oil in a turbo engine but synthetic oil isn't the question with this topic.
I can read just fine. I only brought up synthetic because of John's comment directly before. Just poking a little fun at him. Give me a little credit alrighty. :p

I also don't believe there is any big difference between the various NON-synthetic oils. Although I didn't name a specific brand for him, I did give him my opinion on his question. I sincerely apologize if I offended you.:)

Noooo what I was trying to point out is lets keep to the topic that's all. I didn't mean anything negative about what I pointed out. It can get out of hand and the next thing you know guys will be asking about rather to run synthetic oil in their lawn mowers (which I do BTW) . Now don't take what I say out of context ever again...;). This is a serious topic no poking fun...LOL.

Just so that everyone won't fight, just run a synthetic blend! You will then get the best of both....and everyone is happy:D

IMO..........

Any oil is fine as long its turbo approved. Frequently oil change is the best, if you're using cheap or non-synthetic oils.

I run either Mobil or Chevron 5w30 and change the oil every 1500 miles and have no complaints. Works for me...