Non typical dump results (slips attached)

Mike T

Passes in order from LT to RT.
ONLY change was an open dump on pass 3.....Think I need a different exhaust

20180810_190319.jpg

Dynomax/Walker stock location. Absolutely love how quiet it is so I guess opening the dump will become a part of the routine.
17 on the first 2 and unknown on the 3rd (forgot to hit the record button).
Salvaged the last few seconds of the log but it revealed very little info.

wow,bet that felt different.motor got up in rpm faster/made boost sooner?

Did feel more pressure in the lumbar but at the same time I didn't want to mistake the extra noise for power.
Really didn't know until picking up the slip.

A log would have painted the whole picture.

Stayed in it to insure a full pass, got it slowed down enough to see PL not recording. If you save the PL quick enough it will bring back a few seconds past. Sadly comparing other logs I was .5 second too late.

20180808_211124.jpg

Mike, looks like it is working very good. Is that the combination in your signature with the heads you ported?

About 8 months ago was the first two passes on the car. On 93 octane leaving at zero pounds and maxing at 12 pounds the car was slow but still picked up 23-24 mph from the 1/8 so I knew something was there.

Think you need to revisit that. That's a huge gain for sure. Get a good log this time. I'm sure the tune will need tweaking if it was tuned for it being that corked.

Think you need to revisit that. That's a huge gain for sure. Get a good log this time. I'm sure the tune will need tweaking if it was tuned for it being that corked.

Was not totally in the dark as to what could be. Had a decent idea of possible fuel curve problems in advance to opening it up and timing was very conservative.

Pronto I want to back up and agree with you 100 percent. There is no way the tune was ideal.

Now to explain my rather generic response from above. A few years ago we found that the car picked up 2-3 pounds and 50+ hp on the dyno uncapped. The same basic combo has been updated a bit and will turn more rpm now so I anticipated the choke to be even greater. When uncapping I estimated maybe as much as seven pounds to be safe.

The prior pass was 17 psi and the a/f favored the rich side as the run progressed. I felt the tune could support up to 24 psi based on fueling trends at various boost levels that were observed on the street.