None ROM 1227148

bruce

Rest In Peace
Just curious if anyone else around he is doing any serious ecm work. While not ready for prime time yet I have a 148 running now, that has had the on board ROM removed, and running a 27128 eprom, with ALL the code, switches, and settings on it. No longer limited to just changing some of the calibration stuff.

If your familiar with the gm ecms, writting code, and want to push the envelope, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Bruce,

That sounds interesting - can you give us a quickie on what you're trying to accomplish? Does this give more tuning options? How does it interface with the ECM?

Thanks!

Originally posted by S10xGN
Bruce,

That sounds interesting - can you give us a quickie on what you're trying to accomplish? Does this give more tuning options? How does it interface with the ECM?

Thanks!

It's not about interfacing with the ecm, it is the ecm. It gives just about total freedom, to change or add code as one would like. If this was a perfect world, what I'd like to see is a modular code, where you could run what ever you wanted. Options like MAF or MAP. 2 or 3 bar. High resolution tables. Full time baro with the MAP systems.
Just a matter of doing something to be able to do it.