North Carolinians

Picnics

If you know about your may/june schedule, start posting what weekends are out for you - july & aug if you know those too. 2002 would be the 3rd (or maybe fourth) summer for Vista Point picnics (at Jordan Lake) I should break out all of my calendars and figure out my USNR weekends at the least. Hang on...

USNR weekends for me:
May 18/19
June 8/9
July 20/21
Aug 10/11
Sep 14/15

But these sometimes change, sometimes I reschedule, sometimes the Navy reschedules, and I really haven't given too much thought to my summer yet, except that I might get busy with a job change...

All I know for now is that I'm crossing my fingers that I make a few passes this weekend at Rockingham & drive home in the same car I drive down in.:D

Re: Picnics

Hi Greg,
We talked some about Jordan Lake while at the AutoFair Saturday with the other SyTyer's. I hope to try to put another together for either May or June. I hope to have my GN back in about another week! We didn't try to crank it after the wreck, so I'm hoping that all is ok motor/tranny wise. Nothing appeared to be affected in those areas, but never know what may have gotten whacked lose. All body parts are on, A/C condenser and radiator got on last week, fan shroud should be on by today. They had already did some sanding and repairing the roof where it buckled under stress. I shoulda just found a TTop Buick and had them cut the whole roof off. So all that's left now is sanding and painting the rest of the car, and getting the ignition unjammed(key is stuck). I doubt if I'll make it to Rockingham, literally busted my tail Saturday at AutoFair while checking out a car parked up on the banking. The car above it was leaking gas, I didn't see it, when I stepped on the wet spot, I shot off the track like a bobsled, came smack down on my rear(lol, my padding didn't help!) Doctor says it's either fractured or deep contusion, and didn't matter which because all they can do is narcotics, anti-inflammatory and R&R. So I'm on medical leave til at least midweek next week. I did get "Best Typhoon" trophy, so it wasn't all bad. I was just getting ready to see if Farmington was going to have another Nostalgia thingy like they did last year. Anyway I'll post what I find, and if nothing else look for ISTA@VISTA in May or June. Take care and tell Anastasia hi for us!

Wow!!! Can ya'll take up donations so I can afford to attend these events?:D I'm trying to get my tranny right before I try anymore long trips, such as to Jordan Lake. I hope to have it right in the next week or so. Maybe a good washing and waxing may make it look presentable as well. Sorry to hear about your fall Cheryl. Did ya have a nice trip?:eek: LOL.. sorry, had to say it. Hope ya get well soon hun. Let me know when ya'll plan another get together that isn't too, too far from me. Thanks again.

Haha! I'm a little better now, still kinda sore...but my Typhoon getting "Best Typhoon" trophy helped ease the pain:D
I'll keep ecerybody informed as to when Jordan Lake will be, you guys better make it out!
And I saw on Farmington's website yjey yje next Bill Blair Nostalgia Day will be June 2. Anybody planning to go?

weekends for me:
Apr 27&28 USNR
May 4/5 radiator/hose/manifold installations(might be done by lunch, might drag into sunday)
May 11/12 (presently free - might take a road trip)
May 18/19 USNR
May 25/26 (presently free)
June 1/2 (presently free - farmington?)
June 8/9 USNR
June 15/16 (presently free)
June 22/23 (presently free)
June 29/30 (presently free)
July 6/7 (presently free)
July 13/14 (presently free)
July 20/21 USNR
July 27/28 (presently free)
Aug 3/4 (presently free)
Aug 10/11 USNR
Aug 17/18 (presently free)
Aug 24/25 (presently free)
Aug31/s1 (presently free)
Sep 7/8 (presently free)
Sep 14/15 USNR

Okay, I'll plan the picnic for Jordan Lake for June 29, so it doesn't interfere with the event at Pigeon Forge, or holiday weekends. I'll get a formal post out soon.

We'll make the trip!

Cheryl,

If you can let me know of the final date via e-mail I should be able to make it. My car should be done by then, and the 2 cars I'm currently working on should be able to make it also. May is a very busy month for me. We're going to the Buicks @ Norwalk event next weekend, then there's the Nats @ B.G. during mid-may. After the Nats I'm expecting 4 more TRs in for work, so late June would probably be best for all of us. I should be able to caravan at least 5-6 TRs up to the lake.

Re: We'll make the trip!

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
Cheryl,

My car should be done by then

WOW-did i read that right--:eek: ----keep me posted on this one-i will make the trip for this one.

Geoff Hall

Long to be expected!!

Yes Geoff!! After almost 3 years my car will finally breathe again.:D It was originally intended to be done for Norwalk this weekend as a tune up for the Nats, but some things were not under our control and pushed it back some.:( However it WILL show red to some unsuspecting f-bodies and fox-bodies here locally!:eek: But lets keep it hush, hush.;)

Re: We'll make the trip!

Great! My car should be done by this Tuesday :D Plan on June 29, starting about 10am I'll get a formal post out with directions soon. Some of you guys coming from south could caravan with us

Re: Informal Poll

Originally posted by ncgreg231
Cheryl,
are you going to invite GMMOC, or will it be just us?:p

I thought it would be a good oppourtunity to invite GMMOC and make it a larger event. Ideas?

K.I.S.S. (HTH)

Unless you want to put in a whole bunch of effort, I say just let them know how awesome Vista Point is. Over on the GMMOC board, they were talking about a "lake" event, something near a Boat launch (which V.P. has) Something in June. Seems like there was some other event planned for June 29 further out west (Dollywood sticks in my mind for a location) but I'd think that all the eastern folks would just as soon stop off at Jordan lake -vs- continue to drive for a few more hours further west. Anyway, that's my perspective.

Oh yeah, if you never heard of K.I.S.S before, it is an old military term which means:
Keep It Simple, Supid!:p

Re: K.I.S.S. (HTH)

K.I.S.S....LOL! I am NOT cooking for that many folk :D If they want to cruise overand hang out , I have no problem with that. We are all GM family. It's STILL the annual ISTA@VISTA GN/TType gathering, that doesn't change. June 29, a Sunday seems to be a good date for all concerned, so we'll keep that date. Same scenerio as always, bring your own beef, grill will be hot. The pics with the fire last time turned out great! I'll have to bring them!

well then...

Do you want to make the announcement over at GMMOC then? Otherwise, let me know & I'll do it. Should be a nice crowd this time either way.:cool:

-Greg

Re: well then...

Sure you can go ahead and announce, I haven't had a lot of puter time this week

Ista@vista

NC Typhoon

call me and let me know what all needs to be done for the event. June 29 is a set date correct? BTW mind if i bring the Turbo Dodge out to the event? if not i'll drive the 88 Slomaro

see ya call me sometime

Re: Ista@vista

WELL, WELL.....it's MIA Pat!!! :eek: LOL! We had chicken and ribs on the grill with Sam last Sunday, kept wondering what happened to ya.. My GN is PAINTED!!!! It looks good! Has a few little flaws under the paint, but that's okay considering what it's costing me. I can live with a few flaws after seeing how massive the front end was demolished. Should get to come home Tuesday or Wednesday, after they finish painting the wheel well moldings, front bumper, and get it put back together. I'll give ya a holler.