Northern NJ GM service dealer search

jkdturbo6

I searching for a reputable and honest GM dealer in the area of Northern NJ to work on my GN. Can anyone recommend first hand a dealer that can be trusted and will take pride in working on my car? They must be highly recommended and any reference to names I should contact would be most helpful.

I'm not fond of taking it in, but I just checked with Buick and the PowerMaster brake switch was never replaced on the car!! Given the age of the part, cost of a new one, and in reading some disasters in some of the posts on this topic, I'm considering taking it in.

Thanks in advance!

If you do not mind a drive just outside Philadelphia, there is a great GN Mechanic at Warminster Auto named Dave Heintz.
You really do not want to go to a Buick dealership with that car, and would be better off with someone who knows these cars inside and out. Dave is excellent, honest and fair. Your car will thank you for the trip..

jdodman.... thanks for the info.... I will probably look him up and give him a call if I should ever need other type of work....

All -- I'm looking for some suggestions here... Should I bite the bullet and buy the brake switch and install myself or should I try and find a competent dealer to replace it under the recall?

Let me know what you would do in this case.....

If it is a black switch, then it is the original and was never replaced for the recall and Buick should replace it for free. If it is gray, it's already been switched and you'll have to dig into your pocket. And, they aren't cheap.

Gregg,
Switch is black and without a doubt has not been touched. I'm trying to find a competent dealer that will not give me the runaround and will take care in servicing the car.

Thanks,

Dynotech

Eric or Jimmy at Dynotech might be able to help you, or at least point you in the right direction. They have done an ecellent job on my car and I highly recommend them. 908-794-8536.

Hope this helps,

Guhan

It depends on where in Northern NJ you are. Salerno Pontiac-Buick-GMC in Randolph has always been good to me until recently. If you're going in for something very specific like that, they'll be good. They have all kinds of awards for good service and always call a few days later to see if I had any trouble with their work. My problem with them occurred recently when I brought my '99 Buick in for front end work. After spending almost $2k there, it's still not right. In their defense, the problem is on the right side of the car. The car is a rebuilt total - right side suspension hit.

They've worked on my Typhoon and GN before - no problems and very respectful to the cars. They really weren't sure what the Typhoon was and quoted me a price to replace a front-end part as if it were a regular Jimmy. Upon finding it was AWD and not a regular Jimmy, they found that it was actually a much bigger job. But they stuck to their original estimate.

Good luck,
Jim

I'm in Morris County so Salerno is perfect.... I'm on the opposite side of the county and forgot all about them on route 10.

Turobjimmy - Do you happen to have the name of the Service Manger or someone I can speak to first? I usually have a good sense once I talk to someone to determine if they will work with me and take car in working on the car.

Thanks for the info!!

Originally posted by jkdturbo6
I'm in Morris County so Salerno is perfect.... I'm on the opposite side of the county and forgot all about them on route 10.

Turobjimmy - Do you happen to have the name of the Service Manger or someone I can speak to first? I usually have a good sense once I talk to someone to determine if they will work with me and take car in working on the car.

Thanks for the info!!

The service manager's name is Bob Decker. He's a really nice guy. I gave him a whole bunch of sh*t over my '99 and he was very cool about it.

Good luck,
Jim