Norwalk Pink All Out did anyone go

jetmech

I did not see a thread on this, how did it go, what class did they pick and any gn's make it in.

It was a great outing, I arrived at the tracks holding area Thursday morning @ 9:00 with a group of racers and was already number 125. Other then the Tech inspection taking a good bit of time to get all the cars thru, Norwalk really knows how to put on an event like this. My main goal was to go and hang out with my friends, I would have been there either way. Being able to take a car was a bonus.

I counted 3 GN/T-Type turbo cars mine included. (From what I saw while cruising the pits with the AC on.) One I'm not sure what his time grouping was but I would guess 12.00 to 12.99. The second car was grouped in the 11.50-12.00 time range but he was never able to get a good run, broken seat and a blown turbo. I placed my car in the 11.50-12.00 time slot. I was running my steel GN rims, Nitto radials, launching with no boost and some how my boost got turned down. :wink: I turned an 11.54 @ 124. Did I mention I have no roll bar, any faster and I would have disqualified.

Of the group of 4 I went with we had cars from the 9.30 - 11.54 range all well spaced in times. Pinks ended up picking an @ 10.25 - 10.35 class. One car in my group (Gold Duster) did make it into the class of 32 but lost first round on the arm drop. All 4 cars drove back onto the trailers. Personally I had a great time and would do it again in a heart beat. Maybe next time I will have a roll bar and my car might go faster.

Didn't get to go, but I heard that a lady driving a AMC Pacer Wagon that ran 10.20's won it all.

:eek: